SAIC's Civilian Business Unit Task Order Support Center is seeking a highly motivated and experienced BD and Proposal Solutions Architect to support multiple Civilian customer accounts to drive customer mission success, solutions maturity, and integration of numerous technologies across a diverse group of federal civilian customers and other agencies. In this role, the BD and Proposal Solutions Architect will develop or lead development of technical approaches and solutions to meet the requirements of quick-turn, short duration task and contract responses; write technical responses.
The ideal candidate will understand the Business Development process and the SAIC Shipley-based proposal development process and how to apply their technical skills to it. Under some circumstances, the BD and Proposal Solutions Architect may need to serve as a proposal manager for short-turnaround bids, and will be expected to understand and implement SAIC proposal processes and tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
The candidate will:
- Partner with Accounts and customer stakeholders to identify opportunities, mature opportunity definition, and capture solution objectives to develop compelling documentation.
- Architect and implement detailed, innovative solutions approaches that implement an innovative technical "vision" to ensure customer requirements are met for mission success.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding solutions in multiple technical domains
- Perform detailed technical analysis to identify risks, issues, requirements, and opportunities with solution implementation, including tradeoff analyses and analysis of alternatives to solve complex technical problems
- Develop innovative technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical methodologies and tools
- Integrate security and compliance of solutions through the development life cycle
- Implement Agile methods of development
- Develop and present documentation to customer stakeholders and engineering leads
- Coordinate activities of engineering leads and/or SMEs to develop and deliver solutions in proposal phase and in contract execution on quick-turn and short duration tasks.
- Lead development of concepts of operations, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecture, system analysis and design, interfaces, data architectures, verification and validation, system integration, system and operational performance analysis, and life cycle cost and estimation procedures.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that address technical, schedule, cost, quality, and customer organizational constraints
- Support technical review and assessment of readiness of technical solutions in formal and informal reviews
- Serve as a technical resource to IT engineering personnel on a wide range of technical issues
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Security or equivalent and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; may accept additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum ten (10) years of solutions development and implementation required
- Minimum five (5) years of technical team leadership of high-performance teams required
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, tools, and techniques to include Agile/Scrum, SAFe/Agile, DevSecOps, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) methods
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Hands-on experience in solution development in capture and proposal environments and implementing solutions in ongoing programs, including delivery of the final product
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications, and leadership skills
- Must have deep experience architecting in one or more technical domains, to include, but not limited to IT infrastructure, System/Application Development and management, IT Service Delivery, messaging and collaboration, cybersecurity, cloud management, applications management, data science, & digital/business transformation.
- Must have the ability to grasp technical issues outside of his or her specific domain to enable technical leadership in solution development across domains.
- Must have a track record of working in a team-based environment through effective collaboration with multiple (pre-sales or pre-award) disciplines including, but not limited to; account management, business development, capture, proposal, pricing, competitive intelligence, contracts, subcontracting/vendor management, program management, recruiting, solution & product development, and other team members involved in optimizing our proposed solutions.
- Must be able to multi-task across several concurrent efforts.
- Must be able to identify technical staff skills to support pre-award activities.
- Must be able to lead and coordinate work assignments of the account, proposal, technical, and support team members throughout the pre-award process.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to produce finished content for delivery to customers, and meet with them regarding SAIC's capabilities, services and solutions. This also includes proposal development, writing, and reviewing skills and working effectively with account management.
- May have experience with opportunity assessment from a business development, capture &/or solution strategy perspective.
- Must have experience with the Federal Government procurement processes; desired experience includes the newer and more “commercial” derivatives of the process (e.g. OTAs, PTAG, agile contracting, etc.)
- Must have successful experience bidding and winning work with Civilian Government agencies or the equivalent
- Must have ability to empower and grow subordinates as well as communicate effectively to senior and executive management
- None required, but Public Trust, Secret or higher clearance desired
- Five (5) years of Cloud experience
- Five (5) years of Cyber security experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.