SAIC is hiring a Security Cloud Computing Engineer for its SAIC Cloud One Digital Engineering Team. This position is hybrid remote. Preferred candidates will be located near Gunter AFB (Montgomery, Alabama), Hanscom AFB (Bedford, Massachusetts), and/or Joint Base Charleston (Charleston, SC).
This team is responsible for the architecture, engineering and sustainment of the Air Force Cloud Digital Engineering platform
currently deployed on AWS Cloud. This work supports the Cloud One Digital Engineering program under the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center Office for Network Integration (AFLCMC/HNI). Cloud One is an existing global, interconnected, virtualized, hybrid, and IT infrastructure hosting mission systems, applications, services, and data serves the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and other Government Customers. Cloud One facilitates the Government's efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum
of the USAF operations.
Design and implement a security architecture that meets the DoD's security requirements. Create, evaluate, and implement secure network configurations, access controls, and data loss prevention rules.
Continuously monitor the AWS cloud environment for any vulnerabilities or suspicious activities. Set up automated alerts, analyze logs and other data sources, and perform regular security assessments and penetration testing.
Manage Compliance with relevant regulations and standards-STIGs and IAVM compliance.
Configure and manage various security tools and services available on AWS, such as AWS Security Hub, AWS Config, and AWS GuardDuty.
Collaborate with other stakeholders, such as system administrators, developers, and auditors, to ensure that security policies and procedures are followed, and security risks are identified and addressed
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years of relevant experience; Masters and seven (7) years’ experience in an IT related field
- Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Interim Secret clearance required to start; Ability to obtain a Secret clearance required to maintain employment
- US citizenship required
- AWS Cloud Certification with experience as AWS Cloud Engineer
- Security + or equivalent certification
- Demonstrated experience with AWS, Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, and Guacamole
- Knowledge of and experience working with DevSecOps tool chains
- Experience preparing technical documentation
- Experience working in a team environment with the ability to mentor junior team members
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot cloud, virtual, and physical hardware and software systems
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process inefficiencies
- Zero trust architectures
- AWS Workspaces or experience deploying VDI solutions to AWS Cloud
- AF Cloud One or Platform 1 development, engineering, operations and sustainment
- Desired experience installing DE tools including Cameo, SPARX, MathWorks, and AFSIM
- In-depth understanding of, and experience as a cloud engineer with AWS, Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, storage, Azure AD, F5, Barracuda
- Installing and supporting vendor digital engineering / MBSE tools to include NoMagic Cameo, IBM DOORS, Sparx, MathWorks MATLAB, Dassault 3DS, and others
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.