SAIC is seeking a seasoned a Data Engineer III who possesses knowledge of appropriate data sources to address the specific requirements of projects for data modeling. Understand business requirements and translating into technical work. Design and implement features in collaboration with team engineers, product owners, data analysts, and business partners using Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Ability to build programs or systems that can take data and turn it into meaningful information that can be studied.
- Build ETL/ELT jobs and workflows to combine data from disparate sources.
- Install continuous pipelines of huge pools of filtered information so that data analyst/scientists can pull relevant data sets for their analyses.
- Build data workflows using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Build data workflows using Microsoft Azure (Azure Data Factory, Storage Accounts, Synapse)
- Build data workflows using Databricks
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, business operations, and product engineering teams in
- Analyzing business problems, in building and testing solutions and data models
- Experience implementing and operating analytic models and services.
- Document the current-state and target-state software architecture and create roadmap plans for success on various software components.
- Knowledge of dimensional modeling techniques (star & snowflake).
- Knowledge of MPP database architecture.
- Knowledge of Data Quality, MDM solutions.
- Experience with tuning big data pipelines using data bricks.
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools i.e. Power BI.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions.
- Build systems that collect, manage, and convert raw data into usable information for business analysts to interpret.
- Make data accessible for evaluation and optimization
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, business operations, and product engineering teams
- Coordinate activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
- Master's degree in computer science, systems engineering, or related technical discipline is preferred
- 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer/Administrator or similar role
- 6 years of additional relevant experience may substitute for education
- Works the back end data and organizes it into table using SQL scripts and SSIS. SSIS, SSMS
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Databricks
- Experience using Python or other scripting languages in data pipelines
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction providing technical and non-technical support to multiple users
- Capable of working under pressure, while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work overtime and weekends required on occasion
- Experience providing services to the federal government is preferred
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.