SAIC is hiring a Hardware Engineer to support the Resilient Systems Office within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)). The candidate will work in the development and application of Hardware and/or Microelectronics Engineering practices for the Department of Defense (DoD) major defense acquisition programs (MDAPs). The successful candidate will support resilient hardware engineering and system security engineering policy and guidance activities to protect the United States’ most advanced military technologies. This position is located in Alexandria, VA.
Job responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, review, and recommend Hardware Engineering policy, guidance, training, and best practices that align such implementation across the DoD program acquisition lifecycle
- Engage with the Office of the Principal Director for Microelectronics and other OUSD(R&E) modernization area offices, to include the Joint Federated Assurance Center (JFAC) and associated working group activities, to ensure alignment of Hardware Engineering activities with policy and guidance
- Facilitate briefings to senior leadership and SMEs on Hardware Engineering policy, guidance, and expectations, particularly in the area of hardware technology protection and systems security engineering
- Serve as the OUSD(R&E) Hardware Engineering policy and guidance subject matter expert (SME) to the Army, Navy, Air Force, and other DoD Components and United States Government stakeholders
- Review and provide recommendations on Program Protection Plans (PPPs) and other acquisition and requirements documentation for MDAPs on OSD oversight for appropriate inclusion and application of Hardware Engineering policy and guidance
- Develop and manage correspondence activities in support of the Congressional requirements to the National Defense Authorization Act, Government Accountability Office, Office of the Inspector General, national and DoD initiatives, etc. on the topic of Hardware and Microelectronics Engineering
- Support other tasks and areas of subject matter expertise related to Hardware Engineering, to include the Trusted & Assured Microelectronics (T&AM) program, anti-tamper, defense exportability features, and software assurance, to ensure Hardware Engineering and assurance equities are addressed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and nine (9) years experience; Masters and seven (7) years experience.
- Degree in systems engineering, hardware engineering, microelectronics engineering, electrical engineering, or a related technical field
- Active Secret clearance required to start; Ability to obtain a TS/SCI required to maintain employment
- US citizenship required
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with defense acquisitions (e.g., systems engineering technical reviews (SETR)) or defense policy and guidance (e.g., DoD instructions, directives, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with senior customer relationship management
- Demonstrated knowledge of the DoD organizational structure, OSD inter-office coordination, communication protocols, or policies and processes
- Experience with technology protection, system security engineering, and/or US export policy (e.g., International Transfer of Arms Regulation (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations)
- Experience with technical policy and documentation development or organizations
- Knowledge of DoDI 5000 series weapon system acquisition
- Experience working in the defense electronics industrial base, management of technical system design or related areas
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.