SAIC is hiring a Transition Portfolio Manager to join its team in support of the Office of Strategic Capital (OSC). The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of Department of Defense procurement processes, familiarity with federal grant-based funding opportunities, understanding of the current regulatory environment related to defense policy matters, ability to synthesize and communicate technical information to various audiences and have a successful record of managing complex projects. This position is located in Arlington, VA and is hybrid remote.
Work closely with stakeholders both within and outside the government to identify and prioritize promising critical technology areas for the Department of Defense
Organize and oversee a portfolio of due diligence efforts on potential investments, including assessments of companies, deal structures, and investment returns
Develop and maintain an investment management plan with internal and external stakeholders that aligns with the Office of Strategic Capital's strategic goals and objectives
Develop and implement processes and systems to effectively scale the number and quality of OSC's portfolio of investments
Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to gather relevant performance data and other information, integrate relevant research, and produce insights into the OSC's program evaluation and strategic planning efforts
Conduct ongoing risk assessments for the investment portfolios, identifying potential risks and developing appropriate management strategies
Develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including private capital providers, federal agencies, and other industry partners
Create and manage budgets, resource plans, and performance metrics
Communicate and work with private sector investment professionals
Ensure program compliance with government regulations, policies, and procedures
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and eighteen (18) years experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience
- Top Secret clearance required to start; Ability to obtain TS/SCI required to maintain employment
- US citizenship required
- 7+ years of experience in program or project/portfolio management, finance, or business management
- Experience managing multiple, complex programs simultaneously
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to assess financial statements, business plans, and investment opportunities, and to develop appropriate risk mitigation strategies
- Strong command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Enterprise applications, ideally with low-code, no-code experience (e.g. Appsheet, etc) and environment development platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) related statutes as well as DoD implementing directives
- Familiarity with the Small Business Innovative Research and Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) laws, principles, and regulations
- Working knowledge of the venture capital ecosystem and related financing structures
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and compliance procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex information clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Master's degree in finance, business administration, economics, or a related field.
PMP or other project management certification
Knowledge of non-procurement instruments such as grants, cooperative agreements, and other transactions sufficient to provide recommendations in support of program activities
Experience with technology investments and/or supply chain finance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.