SAIC is seeking a motivated and ambitious Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Cybersecurity Engineer to join the Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration Directorate (S3I) Joint Technology Center – Systems Integration Lab (JSIL) Tech Center in Huntsville, AL. The UAS Cybersecurity Engineer will perform hardware, software, and operating system hardening and documentation for UAS systems and associated subsystems.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform software and system installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of commercial and government software for system development, scanning, and hardening.
- Conduct software application source, hardware component, and operating system scans to identify system vulnerabilities.
- Conduct system configuration changes to resolve system vulnerabilities including changes to Microsoft Windows and UNIX-based operating system configuration files.
- Conduct Cybersecurity vulnerability testing, full system evaluation, and documentation.
- Use STIGs, ACAS, NESSUS, and the NIST Risk Management Framework to prepare for and complete Security Control Assessment (SCA) events.
- Collaborate with system integrators, network engineers, software developers, and project managers to automate and harden information systems.
- Work within an agile scrum development model producing cyber reports and hardened systems on a biweekly basis.
- Participate in peer reviews of system capability requirements, cybersecurity status, system design, test strategies and implementation.
- Develop Cybersecurity engineering technical material including vulnerability assessment reports and cyber SOPs using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent degree from an accredited university.
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelors and two (2) years of experience; four (4) years of experience are accepted in lieu of a degree
- An Interim Secret Clearance must be obtained prior to employment; a Secret Security Clearance must be obtained to maintain employment
- Strong experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with system scanning, identification and resolution of vulnerabilities.
- Actively hold or have the ability to obtain a CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- Experience with industry Cyber tools including ACAS, Nessus, SCAP, and STIG Viewer.
- Experience with source code scanning utilities (e.g. Checkmarx, SonarQube, Fortify, etc.)
- Experience with Agile development workflow (e.g. Atlassian software suite) is a plus.
- Experience with RMF controls and the Authority To Operate (ATO) process is a plus.
- Experience with system architectures, Cisco switches, and virtual machines is a plus.
- Experience with basic scripting in Bash and PowerShell is a plus.
- Experience with technical documentation writing is a plus.
- Experience with Virtualization software such as VMware or VirtualBox is a plus
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.