Job ID: 2306238
Location: REMOTE WORK, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jun 3, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Data Scientist
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Remote
Benefits: Click here
DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION: Works in cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insight. Translates mission needs into an end-to-end analytical approach to achieve results. Performs the pre-analytics areas of data collection and understanding, data cleansing and integration, and data storage and retrieval. Determines the appropriate analytics based on the data and the desired outcomes, using techniques including feature detection, statistics, data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and business intelligence. Interprets the validity of results and communicates the meaning of those results. Has familiarity with data wrangling, analytics, and visualization software and programming languages, including analytics methods for big data. Follows a scientific approach to generate value from data, verifying results at each step. SCOPE: N/A LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT: N/A KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY: Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met. PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives. FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. IMPACT: Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources. LIASON: Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
1. Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
2. Minimum 3 years of experience in a data scientist role, preferably in the healthcare or life sciences industry.
3. Strong programming skills in Python or R, with experience in data manipulation, analysis, and visualization.
4. Proficiency in machine learning algorithms and statistical modeling techniques, such as regression, clustering, and time series analysis.
5. Experience with big data technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark, and familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases.
6. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights.
7. Strong communication skills, with the ability to present findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
8. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
1. Experience with MS Azure Government Cloud.
2. Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
3. Proficiency in Terraform and Infrastructure as Code.
4. Experience with GitHub Actions.
5. Experience with JIRA and Agile Scrum Team Expertise.
6. Familiarity with Jira and Confluence, or other similar tools.
7. Knowledge of CI/CD processes and pipelines.
8. Experience with Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates.
9. Experience with large data projects.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
1. Master's or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field.
2. Experience with deep learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
3. Familiarity with healthcare data standards, such as HL7, FHIR, or CDISC.
4. Knowledge of privacy regulations, such as HIPAA or GDPR, and experience working with anonymized or de-identified patient data.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.