Job ID: 2306059
Location: SAN BERNARDINO, CA, United States
Date Posted: May 13, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Modeling/Sim Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking experienced and highly motivated engineers to join our team of rocket scientists.
Tired of the long commute into the Los Angeles area, SAIC has exciting aerospace engineering opportunities in the Inland Empire. The Inland Empire has affordable housing and commute times much shorter than typical commutes into the LA area since our SAIC Engineering office is located on the east side of Los Angeles. This position will be located at San Bernardino, CA. Commit your years of experience, or build on your current engineering skills to a future of excellence as you help shape the future of the United States missile technology. Develop critical aerospace skills and learn from some of the best in the industry for rocket technology.
SAIC is responsible for the Force Development Evaluation (FDE) of the current Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile System (ICBMs), and provides analysis capabilities to the Air Force to ensure that all system performance requirements are achieved. SAIC provides aerospace engineering support as part of a multi-contractor team. SAIC is seeking an engineer with a background or desire in aerospace/aeronautics, specifically in flight testing, to include modeling and simulation analysis. Don’t miss this great opportunity to contribute to one of the most exciting and challenging development and performance assessment efforts in the Department of Defense (DoD). Position and pay will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Define, analyze, and review results from model simulations
• Develop, modify, and maintain software tools that predict pre-flight performance under nominal, off-nominal, and Monte Carlo flight conditions
• Develop, modify, and maintain software tools that analyze post-flight data to break-out sub-system errors, e.g. guidance hardware, software, targeting, survey, reentry, etc.
• Develop, modify, and maintain trajectory processing tools for the reduction and analysis of flight test data to determine Best Estimate of Trajectory (BET)
• Update models based on designs, test results, and other data
• Develop, modify, and maintain hazards assessment tools to evaluate probability of impact and expected casualties from off-nominal and failure modes
• Prepare presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to analyses performed
· BS in engineering or physics with complex systems engineering, and a minimum of 3 years of experience
· Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
· Must have demonstrated presentation skills and experience interfacing with the customer
· Must be proficient in software programming and MATLAB
· Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Experience with statistical analysis of test and simulation results using tools such as MATLAB
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.