SAIC has an opening for an Internal Auditor Analyst. The successful candidate will conduct financial, operational and compliance audits performing procedures ranging from detail transaction testing to establishing audit scope. Candidate will evaluate business processes and activities of various functional organizations for compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and company policies and procedures. Candidate is expected to conduct audit projects independently with minimal supervision, work closely with audit managers assessing effectiveness of internal controls and drafting management comments and recommendations. Candidate will also be expected to effectively multi-task other projects, including investigations, as requested by management. This position can be worked remotely in the US with a travel expectation of less than 5%.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct internal audits of the organization’s financial, operational, and compliance processes, to identify potential areas of risk and opportunity for improvement
- Serve as liaison to process owners for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, which includes leading process and control walkthroughs, performing operational effectiveness testing, and assisting with remediation of deficiencies
- Perform audit procedures by developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, identifying issues, and documenting conclusions
- Perform audits in a professional manner with agreed upon scope and milestones in accordance with audit program
- Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed
- Develop and execute data analysis plans, identifying key data sources, extracting and manipulating data, and analyzing data to draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Work collaboratively with other team members to plan and execute audits, ensuring that data analytics is integrated into audit activities
- Communicate findings, observations, and recommendations to management and stakeholders in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in written reports
- Monitor and report on the implementation of recommendations, ensuring that corrective action plans are developed and implemented in a timely manner
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in data analytics and internal audit, and provide guidance and training to other members of the team as needed
- Assist with internal investigations as requested
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other business field from an accredited college or university, and at least three years of full-time experience in auditing at a large or mid-tier audit firm or corporate internal audit function preferably in Government
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in auditing at a large or mid-tier audit firm or corporate internal audit function, with a preferred focus in government contracting
- Broad knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Strong analytical and technical skills, including experience with data analytics tools
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong interpersonal skills to interact with various levels of management
- Strong project management skills, with an ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment
- Must be a US Citizen
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- irst-hand experience auditing large government contracting corporations and knowledge of government contracting terminology, concepts, and practices
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint, AuditBoard, Power BI, IDEA
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.