SAIC has an immediate opening for a Event Monitoring Technician supporting the C4ES USCENTCOM program at MacDill Air Force Base, located in Tampa, Florida. The Systems Monitoring Technician position requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to effect solutions by applying advanced analysis skills to map customer business challenges to reusable and appropriate end-to-end technology solutions.
- Operate a server maintenance program that provides systems administration, operations and maintenance, and support for all USCENTCOM networks (U.S., allied, and coalition, and of several classification levels), to include servers (physical and virtual), Storage Area Networks (SAN), software applications, firmware, and network security.
- Provide overall enterprise level system administration, planning, and management.
- Manage, monitor, and optimize geographically dispersed networked systems.
- Develop, implement, and document network systems.
- The Systems Monitoring Technician acts as central point of contact as Server SME during operational crisis that impact critical systems.
- Focus on SCOM engineering efforts as the Subject Matter Expert for the CENTCOM enterprise.
- Coordinates and leads restoration of services across the enterprise and different technical disciplines.
- Creates post analysis "after action reports" to develop strategies for preventive maintenance, changes to monitoring posture, and changes to event management response procedures.
- Provides direct management oversight of the SCOM Management Console.
- Monitors server based change actions for effects to the network and system performance.
- Performs troubleshooting, Change rollbacks or fix actions accordingly.
- Handles Tier I escalations from Help Desk and PC maintenance personnel. Resolving issues that Tier I personnel are not able to troubleshoot.
- Researches and resolves user issues through direct contact with customer by telephone and walk-in support Takes a leadership role within the EOC.
- Engineers new solutions for problems with no documented resolution. Must provide a written engineering solution to VIP'S and management to resolve issues.
- Monitors Exchange system servers for proper functions to include Outlook Web access for offsite personnel.
- Verify Exchange System Enterprise Vault queues for proper mail archival operations.
- Actively monitors and assures the availability of Virtual Desktop Interfaces so end users can logon to the network with no issues or delays.
- Failover cluster administration and monitoring. Assuring cluster node availability in the event of a system failover by monitoring SCOM alerts and verifying resource availably within the Cluster Admin Console.
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must currently possess an active DoD Top Secret Clearance with the ability to be cleared to Top Secret SCI.
- Must have an 8570 IAT-2 certification. Security + preferred
- This is a deployable position, with travel both CONUS and OCONUS (i.e. Qatar, Bahrain, etc.) as such, possession and maintenance of a current U.S. passport is required.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) Exam
- MCITP or obtain the certification within 6 months after hire
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.