SAIC is seeking a qualified OPFOR Planner to support the USINDOPACOM K. Mark Takai Pacific Warfighting Center (KMT PWC) Modeling and Simulation Team. This position will sit in Pearl City, Hawaii or at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama.
The individual in this position will provide subject matter expertise (SME) for Opposing Forces (OPFOR) planning on multiple Joint Exercise Program (JEP) Exercises. The ideal candidate should have Naval operational experience.
- Coordinate with government and contractor staff on the PWC and JS-J7 teams, as required, to accomplish tasks to meet deadlines.
- Assist in the development of the scenario, road to crisis, operational environment and specific story-lines that ensure the Commander’ s training objectives are accomplished.
- Develop synthetic exercise scenarios in accordance with current naval, joint, and coalition doctrine, Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTP) and forward deployed Numbered Fleet requirements in an OLW environment.
- Develop synthetic exercise injects to enable accomplishment of training objectives for synthetic training events and support of live events as required.
- Utilize the Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) tool to track story-lines and specific events on a daily basis.
- Provide recommendations for and development of synthetic augmentation (entities, scenario elements, simulator operators, etc.) to live training exercises.
- Develop exercise documents to include manning documents, messages and orders to include but not limited to Operation Orders (OPORD), exercise directives and exercise game books.
- Provide for the execution of synthetic wargaming software for OLW synthetic events/exercises as required.
- Provide the government lead with appropriate lessons learned from synthetic training exercises and ensure relevant changes are incorporated in future exercises
- Provide expertise and support on applicable tactical and operational-level joint, coalition and service doctrine.
- Develop collection plans in support of Observer/Trainers (O/T) to aid in the preparation of After Action Reports (AAR) and daily summary reports.
- Participate in the development of the AARs based on observations of the training audience during exercise execution.
- Manage all aspects of operational integration of processed/fused Intelligence Community based documents, assessments, Intelligence Briefings, operational reports and Intelligence databases for blue and red forces to support and meet exercise training objectives.
- Develop exercise products from processed/fused Intelligence Community based documents, assessments, Intelligence Briefings, operational reports and Intelligence data bases.
- Provide Intelligence support to the Exercise Control Group during exercises
- Support other duties as assigned
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and zero (0) years related experience; four (4) years of experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Expert knowledge of Navy structure and joint defense level intelligence operations: intelligence collection, fusion, analysis, production, and dissemination for intelligence databases and products.
- Experience with exercise concept development, planning, scheduling, modeling, simulation architecture design, simulation management and operations, intelligence, scenario development, database builds and tests, event response and control cells, assessment.
- Must have experience coordinating with government and contractor staff.
- Candidates must have an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain an Top Secret/SCI clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.