SAIC is seeking a Chief Systems Engineer with a strong desire to enhance space resiliency to support to the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) in Chantilly, VA. The Chief Systems Engineer will provide SETA support to a customer charged with delivering solutions across a rapidly expanding complex space and ground system initiatives. The Chief Systems Engineer will work closely with Government and SETA staff to plan, deliver, maintain, and enhance critical mission capabilities for the NRO enterprise.
Job responsibilities that may include but not limited to the following:
- Leading a team of on-site SETAs working a major system acquisition (MSA)
- Supports the System Program Office (SPO) in a technical capacity for planning, execution, monitoring, and oversight of satellite system development and acquisitions that advance the National Reconnaissance Office’s (NRO) space resiliency posture.
- Operate as an individual contributor and member of a team of high-performing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) that directly support the Government through lifecycle systems engineering and management processes to deliver critical space resiliency capabilities.
- Providing oversight of acquisitions, with specific focus on the system engineering processes to ensure end-to-end system closure and satisfaction of mission need.
- Manage system Configuration Management process including Engineering Change Proposal, Engineering Review Board/Configuration Control Boards (ECP, ERB/CCB).
- Design and implement technical solutions for new business needs and challenges.
- Ensure requirements that evolve through the change management process remain true to the overall government need.
- Conduct full lifecycle engineering reviews including System Requirements (SSRs) and Lead and/or Support Lifecycle readiness reviews to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements.
- Lead SPO’s Systems Engineering Branch team to ensure proper requirement Verification and Validation methodology is codified and executed by the developer, including determining test strategy and coverage based on a technical risk assessment for each use case or functionality.
- Support risk management processes and methods for identifying, assessing, and adjudicating program risk; Conduct analysis to identify program risk areas and recommend/implement mitigation approaches.
- Support Contract Officer/Contract Officer Technical Representatives (CO/COTRs) and Developers by coordinating with other technical domain Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and program stakeholders to achieve a detailed understanding of the systems, designs, and interfaces necessary to satisfy mission requirements.
- Reviewing Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) deliverables to ensure content, technical accuracy, and sufficiency of design details to meet program requirements and objectives.
NOTE: Flexible work schedule options such as 9/80 or 8/80 may be available but dependent upon customer demands.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more experience; OR Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; OR PhD and fifteen years or more experience.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with the ability to obtain a Poly with the NRO.
- Experience using systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to develop, implement, and deploy solutions for Satellite Systems.
- Experience in large systems acquisition
- Experience in systems integration and systems engineering.
- Experience with systems integration throughout the lifecycle.
- Experience with space-ground systems architectures and lifecycle support.
- Proven knowledge in Requirements Management, Quality Control, and Configuration Management.
- Experience in space system design, specification, development, manufacturing, and testing.
- Effective communication, coordination, and customer engagement skills.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.