SAIC’s Business Enablement represents the full depth and breadth of the acquisition value chain – from the sell side (customer engagement and strategy development) to the buy side (program execution, strategic alliances, supply chain management and subcontractor development). We are the full acquisition organization that supports our external and internal customer mission. Our dynamic team of acquisition professionals support key business areas and strategy for SAIC’s Growth Technology Accelerants (GTA) as well as core business initiatives. GTAs include Secure Cloud, Enterprise IT and Systems Integration & Delivery. Core business includes Engineering Services, IT & Technical Services and Logistics & Supply Chain.
SAIC’s Business Enablement organization is seeking a Senior Subcontracts Analyst to manage contracts/proposals with various Department of Defense Agencies. This individual must be able to work in a high-paced, team environment and must be organized and detail-oriented.
This position is 100% remote nationwide.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Develops, negotiates and administers subcontract agreements and executes other aspects of the acquisition process in development of new business proposals and resultant subcontract agreements of high dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity.
- Member of the proposal process involving Request for Proposal/solicitations. Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, develops evaluation criteria, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes subcontract packages for review, prepares awards and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Will be required to analyze proposals for all areas of compliance (cost/T&C/etc.) and will be involved in supplier negotiations leading to subcontract awards with subcontractors of various size and capabilities within the industry. Must understand cost/price analysis concepts and tools and be able to implement and complete analysis on moderate complexity supplier proposals.
- Has some autonomy for the assigned area of responsibility and acts as staff expert for company practices and policies and governing customer acquisition requirements for all procurement acquisition contract activities.
- Works independently under limited direction and relies extensively on independent judgment. Requires little instruction on progressively more complex new assignments. May lead and direct multiple teams to obtain business solutions on complex, nonstandard subcontract agreements. May supervise and serve as a mentor for less experienced staff.
- Regularly interacts with internal customers, management (at all levels) with regard to acquisition requirements and issue resolution. Participates in the development of solutions to a variety of problems moderate in scope and complexity.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience, and the ability to perform non-routine job requirements within the scope of the position. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments may serve in a lead role and provide guidance to other personnel. Analytical, communication, and presentations skills needed as well as the ability to operate independently. Advanced knowledge of business principles such as procurement, business and contract law, finance and accounting. Requires broad-based experience in procurement and related functions, with particular emphasis on negotiation and contract administration.
- Ensures post award compliance on the supplier’s performance (cost, and all other terms and conditions) of awarded agreements.
- Work with suppliers to lead improvement of their manufacturing processes to reduce cycle times, improve throughput and quality
- Responsible for ensuring supply base is capable and prepared to support production rates on all programs.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, minimum six (6) years’ experience, Master’s Degree and minimum four (4) years’ experience
- US Citizenship Required
- 6 years experience in government contracting required
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must have understanding of the government acquisition process.
- Working knowledge of FAR and Public Laws relating to subcontracting.
- Excellent oral and written communications and ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and independently with senior management.
- CPSR Audit requirements, Price Analysis Techniques, Costpoint Purchasing System, Word Processing and Electronic Spreadsheets
- Experience in Supply Chain/Procurement/Purchasing. Background with total program lifecycle and subcontractor performance preferred.
- Experience in managing Firm Fixed Price agreements on large platform support program with ability to read and understand complex statements of work in support of FFP platform programs.
- Experience in managing Supplier Data Requirements Lists (SDRL) in support of program and subcontract performance.
- General knowledge of Supply Chain Management practices as well as procurement systems.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.