SAIC is seeking a Senior-level Sensor Action Officer (AO) position supporting HQ USAF A2/6 Sensors Division in the Pentagon.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support in open mission system sensor/data standards and interoperability to support proposals for enhancing joint warfighting capabilities, specifically as they relate to current and future airborne ISR systems and associated technologies.
- Propose integration strategies for operational requirements development, acquisition management, and strategy/policy/flight plan/concept development. AF/A2/6 represents the HAF in DoD and other agency forums whose purpose is standardization and interoperability of various ISR systems and their enabling sensing technologies.
- Provide technical and systems SME support to assist in implementation and oversight of ISR program efforts and provides collaborative support and expertise to sensor/pod development efforts and emerging sensing capability integration across major Intelligence disciplines and specialties.
- Provide technical expertise and ISR systems SME support to A2/6’s efforts in developing and integrating technology advances in emerging sensing and automated intelligence technologies, and platform interoperability across fielded and future, strategic, theater and tactical‐level ISR systems.
- This includes providing technical expertise in support of large data aggregation/storage, processing exploitation and dissemination (PED), engineering, and programmatic support for large bandwidth communications links and interoperability with the Distributed Common Ground Systems (DCGS) fielded worldwide.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in ISR systems: aircraft, SIGINT and GEOINT sensors, payloads, and PED.
- Intelligence platform or sensor operations experience.
- HQ USAF/MAJCOM (or equivalent) staff experience.
- CONOP and/or CONEMP plans experience desired.
- Familiarity with the JCIDS, PPBES, and systems acquisition, desired.
- Ability to interface and perform frequent technical and programmatic liaison functions with various staffs: Air Staff, OSD, Joint Staff, MAJCOMs, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree & 14+ years of experience OR Master’s degree & 13+ years of experience.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance is required
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.