Job ID: 2305520
Location: DES PLAINES, IL, United States
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Field Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
1. The Contractor shall provide technical support to the Infrastructure Engineering Center, for accomplishment of project engineering packages:
a. Develop site specific project plans and specifications for solicitation and contracting of engineering projects for FAA approval and acceptance.
b. Perform site surveys to collect site-specific project data and research all (state, local, federal, FAA, etc.) standards, construction codes and ordinances.
c. Provide analysis, recommendations, and solutions to issues identified during the site survey
2. Prepare summary trip reports within two working days of trip completion.
3. Compile and complete project documents as follows:
a. Scope of work and project transmittal.
b. Drawing and specification lists.
c. Operational Risk Management checklists.
d. Furnish information required for the preparation of Purchase Requests (PR) for assigned projects.
e. Furnish information required for the preparation of NAS Change Proposals (NCP) for assigned projects.
f. List of Government furnished properties.
g. Prepare Airspace case documents.
h. Assessment of engineering impacts on Environmental & Safety Compliance Program Project checklists.
i. Drawings and specifications.
j. Engineering cost estimate for project plans per FAA Standard/guidelines.
k. Estimated completion time and project schedule.
4. Provide technical engineering support for all phases of assigned new construction and renovation projects (i.e. evaluate shop drawings, design proposals, and interpret the technical requirements for adherence to contract documents).
5. Participate in Joint Acceptance Inspections (JAI) and Contractor Acceptance Inspections (CAI) on all assigned projects and provide recommended resolutions on all items relating to engineering.
6. Perform engineering studies for feasibility and cost versus benefit.
7. Provide technical input to the Government Technical Interpreter in actions to plan, budget, program, and coordinate the development of engineering projects.
8. Develop project drawings in accordance with the FAA Standard/guidelines.
• General Engineering Degree (B.S.) and 9 years experience with a minimum 5 years of experience as Project Engineer and/or Resident Engineer with Electrical Engineering Design and experience with tower, shelter and similar structure projects.
• Knowledge of Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) facilities.
• Knowledge of Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC), power, general building construction techniques, Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT), fire detection, security, site work.
US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
Knowledge of Corporate Work Plan (CWP) 4.1.12
Knowledge of National Airspace System Equipment Tower (NASET), National Airspace System Equipment Building (NASEB),
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.