SAIC is hiring an Operations Manager to provide analytic and task management support to the Director, Enabling Technologies (ET), DCTO-CT, OUSD R&E. This is an exciting position that requires close interaction with senior leadership and staff within the Pentagon and across the Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition community, including Components, industry partners, academia, international partners, and associations to achieve mission goals and strategic outcomes. Specifically, the Operations Manager enables our customer to solve complex problems; manages project communications, meetings, schedules, risk, policy compliance, and workflow; plans and tracks travel, budgets, and reporting; and increases workforce productivity through process improvement.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technical and scientific research environment composed of a highly technical customer base. This opportunity will broaden the candidate’s perspective of issues involved in science and technology policy and program management. The position is hybrid remote. Onsite work is conducted in Arlington, VA
Job duties include:
- Assist the DIR, ET with overall performance (technical, cost and schedule) program management and tracking of all current and future science and technology programs within the assigned portfolios.
- Manage, track, and execute multiple early DCTO-CT experimentation events, evaluate reports providing recommendations for future investments, and assist with the management of deliverables.
- Attend and participate in meetings, take meeting notes, record taskers and actions, and update the staff when necessary. Interface with meeting attendees and stakeholders to coordinate and support meetings and other events.
- Manage scheduling and disseminate changes in a timely manner to the appropriate staff. Review schedules proactively and make necessary changes.
- Support senior DoD officials with memorandums, information papers, white papers, briefings, and similar correspondence.
- Gather information; articulate, analyze, and solve problems; visualize and present information; and provide decision support to achieve mission outcomes.
- Create/manage communications for the enterprise, group, and individuals including meeting agendas, briefings, and action items.
- Track and analyze office workflow tasks using the Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS); review volumes of data to identify trends.
- Develop weekly staff meeting slides including understanding of the context of the most important priorities.
- Plan and conduct events and special/VIP events, coordinate audio visual and security-intelligence event support.
- Provide analyses of technologies to maintain awareness of commercial and government products, to include new advanced technology developments, that can be matured to provide technology overmatch capabilities.
- Utilize understanding of the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process and situational awareness of the state-of-the-art in technology to assist the government client in developing long-term strategic objectives, policies, plans and programs in these research areas.
- Exercise leadership to support the oversight of research and development activities including tracking, coordinating, and planning activities within the program office.
- Provide recommendations on information technology research, which includes producing concise and accurate assessments of the technical, programmatic, policy (congressional and departmental), and political content, implications of current and developing activities, policies and technologies.
- Prepare and deliver technical reports, background papers, budget/financial documents, special interest correspondence, and testimony for senior civilian officials.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and six (6) years of experience in a related technical field; Masters and four (4) years of experience.
- 6-8 years relevant experience within the DoD or a national security umbrella organization.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- US Citizenship required.
- 1-2 years hands-on program management level experience, providing technical and administrative support.
- Strong leadership, problem identification/resolution skills, flexibility, initiative, and a proven ability to work with senior executives. efficiently and effectively (to include experience interfacing/communicating with senior executive leadership in both government and industry).
- Experience writing white papers, briefings, correspondence, and reports.
- Demonstrated experience with Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS) or other enterprise task management system.
- 5 years of experience in the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process and the DoD Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Systems (PPBS)
- Knowledge of Program Objective Memorandum (POM), Future Year Defense Plan (FYDP) Defense Guidance, and Joint Strategic Planning Systems
- Knowledge of commonly used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes
- Skill in gathering, assembling, and analyzing factual information, such as in accounting reports, payroll records, work reports, or inventory and supply data.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and databases.
- Excellent organizational and teambuilding skills with good interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) and Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPRs).
- Experience working in DoD or government science and technology organizations.
- CDFM, CDFM-A, CGFM or other certification.
- Experience with or practical knowledge of the IS&C portfolio.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.