SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer for a new Air Force program out of Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH.
The role of this position is to provide technical expertise and engineering support to implement model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and other Digital Engineering (DE) practices for the Simulator Common Architecture Requirements and Standards (SCARS) program and Air Force Life Cycle Management Center/Simulator Program Office (AFLCMC/WNS) to include:
- Manage a collaborative modeling environment to support digital engineering activities for training system acquisition and sustainment within AFLCMC/WNS.
- Modify and manage a style guide to support modeling efforts and facilitate the integration of constitutive models into a WNS enterprise system model.
- Sustaining the WNS MBSE Style Guide to standardize model appearance, content, capabilities, and reports across the Air Force Simulator enterprise.
- Create and manage example models and supporting materials to aid in the demonstration and development of model capabilities for WNS.
- Modify systems engineering processes and plans, facilitate organizational change management efforts, and create necessary documentation to support MBSE efforts in contract actions.
- Develop, support, and oversee MBSE training programs in collaboration with the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT).
- Model training systems in Cameo Systems Modeler using SysML.
- Reviewing documentation to ensure organizational compliance with DE practices.
- Assist WNS engineering staff with review and interpretation of systems models.
- Collect and verify information to be included in modeling efforts, in coordination with program stakeholders and team members.
- Engage with WNS programs and leadership to maintain communication and to provide effective recommendations for MBSE implementation.
- Maintain proficiency and expertise in the most current MBSE concepts, tools, techniques, and practices.
- Communicate program efforts, successes, issues, and risks to leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years’ experience, Master’s and three (3) years’ experience or relevant years of experience in lieu of degree
- Knowledge/Interest in systems engineering and model-based systems engineering concepts (Vee Model, system lifecycles, standards, SysML, modeling tools, OOSEM, etc.)
- Basic computer networking knowledge. (LANs, WANs, data flows, interfaces, etc.)
- Advanced experience with enterprise modeling tools (preferably Cameo Systems Modeler) using SysML.
- Experience with MBSE methodologies.
- Experience with implementation of MBSE within large organizations.
- Experience in application of Systems Engineering concepts to complex systems.
- Experience with DoD Acquisition Lifecycle.
- Experience with DoDAF, MODAF, UAF or other similar architecture frameworks.
- OCSMP modeling certifications.
- INCOSE ASEP, CSEP, or ESEP.
- Advanced computer networking knowledge. (VLAN/VM architecture, containerization, protocols, etc.)
- Experience with Velocity Template Language (VTL)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.