DESCRIPTION: SAIC is seeking a GEOINT flight engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services in Las Cruces, NM. This position plays a role in helping the government integrate satellites into an operational baseline. This professional will be involved throughout the development lifecycle by analyzing and developing concepts of operations, requirements, participating in design reviews, analyzing test results during verification and validation, coordinating with satellite operators to ensure validity of operational processes and procedures, through vehicle launch and initialization. Responsibilities include:
- Assist government oversee satellite integration and associated readiness activities.
- Assess integration activities in the context of cross-systems dependencies (technical, resource, and schedule) and present unbiased findings, analysis, and recommendations to the government managers.
- Participate in project or system reviews, milestones, and/or decision gates; represent the government’s interests with other stakeholders.
- Support government requests for systems engineering and integration studies; process analysis and design; project management process assessments, etc. with a focus on process and resource efficiencies. He/she will present their analysis and present recommendations for implementation.
- Support the development or assessment of system Concept of Operations, Requirements Documents, Test Plans, Contract Statements of Work, Systems Engineering Plans, as well as contribute to the “staff work” requirements for the government (e.g. action items, weekly reports, etc.) to include support to government acquisitions and source selections.
- Collaborate with government personnel and other contractors (often across multiple sites and organizational levels) to provide unbiased analysis and recommendations on courses of actions to address risks/issues or approaches to exploit an opportunity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and five (5) years or more experience; Masters in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and three (3) years or more experience *STEM is a contractual requirement
- Must be a US Citizen
- Technical knowledge of spacecraft systems (bus, payload) and subsystems (attitude and control systems, propulsion, life support systems, etc.), ground communications and mission data processing systems, space vehicle mission planning and command and control systems
- Knowledge of orbital mechanics and associated analytical tools
- Real-time operations experience as a spacecraft operator or spacecraft engineer, familiar with space operations/policies
- Experience in spacecraft and launch vehicle engineering as well as mission readiness process, control gates, and associated entry/exit criteria
- Familiarity with GEOINT mission (ground and space) systems
- Self-starter, proactively addresses customer requirements with no supervision; expert at defining solutions for broad, abstract topics
- Polished communicator (written/verbal); impeccable interpersonal skills and personal judgment
- Master at collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders -- consensus builder
- Top Secret/SCI clearance with Poly
- Familiar with MBSE/Digital Engineering, Agile development, cloud technologies
- Real-time operations experience as a spacecraft or ground operator
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.