Job ID: 2304402
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: May 22, 2023
Subcategory: Intern Technical
Schedule: Casual (includes On Call and Temporary)
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC’s National Security and Space Sector (NSS) is seeking motivated, self-starting entry-level professionals who will be graduating in 2023, 2024, 2025 or 2026 and is cleared (TS/SCI w/Poly) and would like to help solve some of the hardest intelligence problems facing the nation.
The individual will work in a team environment and needs to possess excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
The organization has a wide variety of space systems engineering needs; specific role will be defined based on candidate experience, interests, and program needs.
Systems Engineering roles and responsibilities potentially include:
• Develop Enterprise and System Architectures, Concepts of Operations, and Requirements in support of future acquisitions for GEOINT/SIGINT/Multi-INT systems.
• Review and assess acquisition level requirements, designs, architectures, CONOPS and verification plans for adequacy.
• Assess the performance of current and future concepts and identifying key architecture and system level trades.
• Review and assess Requests for Change (RFCs) for impacts to enterprise, functional, and system level design requirements, interfaces, architectures, CONOPS and verification plans.
• Manage and maintain architectures, CONOPS and requirements through enterprise configuration management boards and approved RFC processes.
• Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief government and industry as required.
• Understand overall systems engineering processes to execute various parts of the process as needed
• Descriptive or physics based model development to support lifecycle systems engineering activities
Systems Engineering Areas of Technical Interest:
• SIGINT/GEOINT/Multi-INT systems
-- Radar or Electro-Optical capabilities
-- Low or High SIGINT capabilities
• Digital Engineering (DE)/Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Operations Research
- Pursuit of Bachelors or Master degree in Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Engineering, or related STEM discipline graduating in 2023, 2024, 2025 or 2026.
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Previous internship or work experience
- Systems engineering course work including development of Requirements, Concepts of Operations, and simple Architectures.
- Course work experience using Descriptive or Physics Modeling leveraging SysML, UML, and/or UAF using Cameo or Rhapsody.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.