SAIC has several openings for Operational Systems Architects at Fort Leavenworth, KS to provide Operational Architecture support as it aligns to Army Futures Command (AFC) in direct support to the Futures and Concepts Command (FCC) team. We are supporting the architecting and analysis of Army Operational concepts at the Enterprise level to modernization of future organization and operation across the Army.
- Identify requirements to develop appropriate operational architecture views and the functional design, which aligns system-to-system association with the Operational entities detailed to execute operations in support of Multi-Domain Operations. Further they must identify the associated risks which restricts operators from executing the system to system operations to ensure products meet Army requirements
- Apply strategy and develop operational architecture, which supports senior leader decision making centered around the Army’s Warfighting functions in Multi-Domain Operations.
- Consolidate current and planned operational architectures as they relate to a baseline of existing architecture views to expand the modernization of the Army
- Develop architecture models to capture the holistic view of the enterprise, document the operational processes, and capture through documentation the end to end messages, instructions and orders before, during, and after execution of operations as dictated by higher headquarters
- Identify and define future operational capability and interoperability needs while working across the multiple Centers of Excellence, Combat Directorates and Cross Functional Teams throughout the Army
- Identify critical architecture and system level trades offs, cross-domain solutions and future efforts to streamline and advance interoperability, human computer interface and Artificial intelligence, in Support of Multi-Domain Operations.
- Maintain data dictionary and data lineage across architecture components to support growing architectural needs
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; additional experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Experience in the development and maintenance of architecture products across the span of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), to include Project Views, Capability Views, Operational Views, System/Service Views, Standard Views and Data and Information Views
- Familiar with and able to develop architecture artifacts using common modelling standards and languages (e.g. Unified Profile for MODAF and DoDAF (UPDM) Unified Modeling Language (UML), Systems Modelling Language (SysML), Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN) and the Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
- Familiar with and able to develop architecture artifacts using MagicDraw or Cameo System Architect
- Familiar with the use and proliferation of Cameo Collaborator
- Proven experience with technical fundamentals in an existing Army program (e.g., ground vehicles, air, missile defense, soldier systems)
- Proven experience in the development and use of modeling for architecture solutions
- Familiarization with the US Army’s staff operating procedures and the Military Decision Making Process
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline
- Certified Architect (e.g. DoDAF, TOGAF, UAF, MODAF, Zachman, CSEP)
- Enhanced Experience in using Cameo EA/MagicDraw or similar Enterprise Architecture Tool sets.
- Must have an Active Secret clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.