Job ID: 2304062
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 20, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring an Exercise Support Lead in Chantilly, VA. The NRO is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
The duties and responsibilities as the Exercise Support Lead will include:
• Understand our customer needs, as it relates to the mission area, and help communicate with our developers and customers to develop capabilities to satisfy those needs
• Coordinate the planning and execution of realistic exercises, to utilize the software tool capabilities and develop concepts of operations based on the organizational strategy
• Coordinate user training, and provide demonstrations of the system
• Inform and coordinate training with operators on the mission, tactics and procedures for performing their mission to include exercise and war games
• Provide feedback to developers for discrepancies and change requests for future needs
• Participate in and coordinate new programs with ground and space tests, demonstrations, and exercises
Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
• BS degree in engineering related discipline
• 9+ years’ training, education, and exercise support; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
• Experience with NRO Enterprise Strategic Outreach (NESO)
• Strong verbal and written skills
There will be CONUS and OCONUS travel
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.