The National Security Customer Group of SAIC is seeking a Project Manager to support an IT Service Management effort for USTRANSCOM located at Scott Air Force Base (AFB) in Illinois. The USTC Managed Information Technology Services (MITS) contract is intended to provide strategic, technical, and program management guidance and support services to facilitate the operations and modernization of the combatant command’s infrastructure, systems, and applications. This support will be provided to the USTC Command, Control, Communications & Cyber Systems Directorate (TCJ6).
The successful candidate will be responsible for working on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of the program and performs all functional duties independently; oversees the efforts of less senior staff and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job. Manages performance of a task or project as part of a larger program. Manages and integrates activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensures technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Leading team on large projects or significant segment of large complex projects.
- Analyzing new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components.
- Supporting development of cost estimates for various development and modernization options.
- Overseeing of the project lifecycle to include requirements definition; generation of project management deliverables in the Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring, and Closing phases; as well as all activities that occur within each phase.
- Facilitating project meetings; develops actionable plans, possible alternatives, project schedules, and timelines.
This position is for Monday through Friday, normal business hours. However, employee may be required to provide after-hours and weekend support during planned or emergency events.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Master's and eight (8) years or more experience.
- Active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Must be a US Citizen
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.