Job ID: 2303771
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2023
Subcategory: Cyber Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC seeks a Security Engineer to supporting the Department of Transportation’s CyberSecurity mission by joining a dedicated team of cybersecurity professionals who collaborate, cooperate, and facilitate maintaining and enhancing the security posture of DOT information systems and infrastructure. These information systems and infrastructure support the DOT mission of managing and maintaining United States critical infrastructure (i.e. highways, bridges, roads, etc.).
Position: FT/PT : Full Time Travel Y/N? : On-site twice a week
Job Role Specific Requirements:
Core responsibilities and duties; highlight day-to-day activities:
1. Engage with Federal Leadership and counterparts to identify endpoint vulnerabilities and provide feedback / guidance on remediation actions; Engage with system and application administrators to coordination remediation efforts to meet required timelines; Develop and enhance vulnerability identification and remediation status tracking and reporting to present cyber related risks; Engage with system and application administrators and Federal counterparts to troubleshoot issues associated with endpoint vulnerability scanning; Work Cyber related security operations ITSM (Remedy) assigned tickets to completion; Participate in relevant CyberSecurity and Security Operations (SecOps) meetings; Collaborate on and provide feedback to cybersecurity solutions that enhance DOT security posture
Preferred skills and qualifications:
2. Familiarity with application and technology stacks, cloud-based systems, operating systems, databases, networking, firewalls, Data Loss Prevention, Endpoint Security Software, Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS) and host-based IDS and IPS and general cyber security best practices and industry standards
Top Qualifications, Skills, Experience or Certifications:
1. Nine (9) years in CyberSecurity or related Information Technology fields, Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience
2. Experience working with Endpoint Vulnerability Scanning solutions, specifically Tenable Nessus
3. Security+, CISSP, CISM, CISA, GCIH, OSCP, CEH, or similar certification
4. Experience with and understanding of Federal CyberSecurity requirements (i.e. FISMA, NIST 800 series, etc)
Note: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years and
the ability to obtain a public trust
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.