SAIC is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to provide infrastructure/cloud support to Space Test and Training Command's National Test and Training Complex in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The following represents a general overview of duties and responsibilities:
- Support definition, acquisition, and management of the multiple different networks, at all classification levels to include SAP/SAR, that the NSTTC needs to develop, acquire, field, and operate range capabilities (e.g. SW development, operations, systems engineering & analysis, etc.)
- Guiding creation and management of cloud application development and operations resources including Virtual Private Connections (VPC) and Virtual Machines (VM) Iaas, PaaS and SaaS (compute, storage network, security, administration, automation, application services, databases) in either native cloud or hybrid-cloud environments
- Facilitating development of Infrastructure as Code and supporting deployments
- Advising the Government on the current and future IT infrastructure needs of the NSTTC, to include data centers that meet NSTTC requirements
- Supporting requirement development and technical evaluations of proposals
- Identifying potential risks with the architecture and working with the government on mitigations
- Developing and maintaining a vision of the next steps of the NSTTC IT infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other Engineering discipline and 14+ years of relevant experience
- Must have a current background investigation commensurate with Top Secret security clearance and adjudicated for SCI access (consent to a counter-intelligence polygraph examination)
- DoD 8570 IAM Level II certified
- Experience with establishing and managing data centers
- Experience in establishing and managing classified networks
- Experience in engineering technical solutions to meet infrastructure, IT, and mission needs
- Master's Degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g., INCOSE CSEP, SAFe, etc.)
- Experience in the National Security Space and, or the Space Control mission area
- Experience working in U.S. Government space and or ground system program office
- Cloud Certification
- Experience with migrating both customer built and enterprise apps to the cloud from on-prem
- Experience in building and deploying systems on a Red Hat OpenStack Platform, using CI/CD frameworks and Infrastructure automation
- Experience in scripting experience/background with PowerShell and Bash DevOps tool chains (e.g., Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc.) and container platforms like Docker and Kubernetes Cloud services configuration, automation, and operations
Experience working in agile scrum teams
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.