SAIC is seeking Senior Network Engineers to support our Tactical Afloat Network (TACNET) In-Service Engineering Agent (ISEA) team in Yokosuka, Japan and Honolulu, Hawaii. The TACNET Senior Network Engineer will interface with Active Duty personnel and US Government employees to provide topnotch repair support with a focus on United States Navy related networks.
Related systems include ADNS, ISNS, CANES, CENTRIXS, Legacy SCI, VIXS, WRBS and all associated installed applications.
This position requires the ability to travel, up to approximately 50%, to both U.S. and international destinations in addition to providing some off-hours support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide break/fix Information Technology support in a fast paced, high-energy environment.
- Analyze issues in an Enterprise LAN Shipboard Environment to determine the best course of action for resolution.
- Provide root cause analysis and be comfortable recommending permanent configuration changes when necessary.
- Work in cooperation with external partners, including consultants, agencies and vendors, to troubleshoot intra-system issues, and to assist with system integration design solutions.
- Provide server break-fix and provide remote support for server, network, desktop, and peripheral equipment. Interface and direct US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining U.S. Navy Afloat networks and the associated network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- Guide the successful completion of high visibility efforts. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- Represent organization as prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Attend and participate in technical meetings, report on technical progress, prepare briefs, and provide presentations. Participate in integrated product teams and engineering/design reviews.
- Perform work without appreciable direction.
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- Ensure completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities. Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- Conduct testing of network systems.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and 9 years or more experience; Master’s degree and 7 years or more experience, PhD or JD and 4 years or more experience. Experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret clearance.
- U.S. citizen with current U.S. passport.
- CompTIA Security+ certification. Must be able to become IAT 2 certified within six (6) months of hire date. The required IAT 2 certification will include a minimum of one additional certification (CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, Linux+, VCP, etc.).
- Four (4) years of direct experience with maintenance of Navy Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES) or four (4) years of Tier III/IV network maintenance experience with Navy ship to shore networks or relevant DoD network architectures.
- Demonstrated experience supporting design, production, and/or sustainment of PEO C4I Afloat Networks programs (e.g., ADNS, CANES, ISNS, CENTRIXS-M, SCI Networks).
- The ability to work at one of the locations below:
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Yokosuka, Japan
Additional Desired Experience and Skills:
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.