SAIC has a Graphics Designer position available at MacDill AFB, FL. The primary purpose are to serve as Executive Graphics Designer Support Specialists with responsibility to administer support for the original design and production of visual presentations for printed or web-based material, exhibits, and briefings to maintain mutual communication with internal and external audiences. This work requires a broad knowledge of the principles and techniques of visual design. Designs artwork and other methods of presentation professionally and in compliance with Air Force and local policy.
- Coordinates the design and development of complex, high-level visual information products in collaboration with the editor, subject matter experts, and clients, and adapting products based upon feedback from strategic leaders.
- Plans, designs, prints, and mounts a wide variety of display art or exhibits from the initial planning stage to final production from rough diagrams and often vague guidelines.
- Works with peers and customers to evaluate their mission requirements, identify the target audience, and define objectives/goals of the requested project when format or visual may not be specified. In these cases, the employee must visually interpret the subject matter to be depicted and offer multiple options for consideration and feedback.
- In high-pressure environments, exercises ingenuity and imagination to make maximum use of visual information equipment techniques or processes to respond to unusual situations in mission-related programs to meet the organization's operational and informational requirements.
- Design and creation of visual artwork includes computer production as a production media and operating on various IT systems and in US and foreign environments.
- Studies and analyzes diverse subject matter material to ensure accurate visual interpretation. Ensures the most efficient and cost-effective methods of satisfying customer needs while providing on-site support for senior leader presentation development and delivery.
- Develops necessary instructions and procedures for others working on segments of the overall assignment. Must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment and have a natural eye for design and color and design imaginative content that effectively resonates with their audience and customer.
In addition to supporting efforts outlined in DoD and program policies, perform the following functions:
- Study design briefs and determine requirements, Schedule projects and define budget constraints, Conceptualize visuals based on requirements, and Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos, and other designs using software or by hand; Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic, Work with copywriters and creative director to produce final design and Test graphics across various media and for audiences of varying cultural background
- Amend designs after feedback, Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand, selects the type of materials and method to produce the most precise and effective visual product within established timelines, and With few exceptions, effectively coordinates projects with customer and works with subject matter experts to accomplish the final product. .
- Create staff packages and provide documentation including, but not limited to, white papers, information papers, decision papers, point papers, PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, databases, webpage design, training and education packages, policy, and guidance IAW program regulations, standards, and processes to facilitate the CIO objectives and intent.
- Develop plans and recommendations on how to better utilize existing information systems and collaboration tools that may be provided by teh program or enterprise tools provided by DISA
- Include recommendations on the management and design of portal site collections and sites to enhance the KM Program.
- Provide recommendations and assistance in the development of innovation and technology plans that supports the program mission and KM goals.
- Prepare written materials on request such as program Commander, Deputy Commander, and Chief of Staff Memorandums and directives, as well as other brochures, CDs, and web-based content that direct and optimize KM processes within the Command.
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience
- In-depth knowledge of the materials used in the design, production, and reproduction of visual products to plan the technical details of, or produce, aesthetically composed visual products.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, and techniques associated with the development and production of original graphics, photography, and visual information programs.
- Knowledge of computer graphic imaging and digital photography.
- Thorough knowledge of computer programs used for desktop publishing such as Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop and other Microsoft Office experience.
- Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal forms is required.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking to include presentations to small and large groups and senior leadership.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with customers, managers and other personnel is required.
- Must currently hold at least a SECRET clearance; TOP SECRET/SCI is preferred.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.