SAIC is seeking a System Administrator to support general IT needs of the Central Library in Anaheim, CA. The System’s Administrator reports directly to the Infrastructure Service Delivery Manager however will take direct day-to-day direction from their assigned department (i.e., Library). The System Administrator will work with the Department staff, Infrastructure SDM, City IT staff and SAIC Remote Support teams to ensure operations in support of server, workstation deployments, application deployments, Office 365 support and administration, projects assigned by the Library technical team, Windows Server and Workstations, Active Directory, and Exchange Online are all functioning and meeting service level requirements. In addition, the System Administrator will make recommendations around life cycle management, capacity planning and reporting.
- Install, configure, patch, monitor and maintain Windows Server 2012 (and above) physical or virtual servers, troubleshoot problems, and repair server hardware
- Maintain and troubleshoot cameras in support of daily Library operations
- Lifecycle management for aging operating systems, hardware within the City’s Data Center
- Inventory and ensure accuracy of records in Service Now (CMDB) and provide support for quarterly auditing
- Performs routine and advanced system administration duties in a Windows Active Directory environment, configuration DNS / DHCP, and maintain appropriate Active Directory documentation
- Develop, support, and administer Group Policy Objects (i.e., GPO) in Active Directory
- Solid understanding and ability to create, modify and support PowerShell scripts within the Windows Server environment
- Understanding of PDQ Deploy in the development and distribution of patches and applications to end user and server environments
- Solid understanding of Windows Deployment Server and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit for the deployment and update of desktop images including the ability to ‘sysprep’ images for deployment
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office 365 including Exchange Online and SharePoint services
- Documents standard operating procedures and recommend updates to optimize service delivery in alignment with ITIL best practices
- Documents and implements change requests; evaluate change requests for potential enterprise wide impacts
- Provides occasional off-hours remote support for planned maintenance work, unplanned support issues, or to meet customer SLAs. May occasionally require on-site work at a data center during off-hours
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelors of Science (B.S.) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems and 2 (two) years or more of related experience; Masters and three (3) years or more of related experience.
- Must be a United States citizen; be willing and able to pass a LiveScan background per the City of Anaheim’s requirements.
- Demonstrable experience with one or more of the following:
- MS Exchange Online, MS Office 365 including SharePoint
- Active Directory
- Group Policy Objects
- PDQ Deploy Software
- Windows Deployment Server with MS Deployment Toolkit
- Basic Network Support (VLAN, ACL, and Subnets)
- HP ProLiant Servers
- Experience in process enhancement, developing and implementing policies and procedures for the Operations team based on ITIL and PMP principals
- Must possess strong written and verbal communicators, able to communicate with team members, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization.
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation Certification.
- Direct "hands on" technical experience with one or more technical service areas, i.e., Desk side Support, Service Desk services, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze identify and direct resolution of technical, administrative and process issues.
- Experience in supporting productivity enhancements and decreasing costs of service delivery through technology refresh, benchmarking and optimization of services, least-cost analysis or total cost of ownership analysis, and continuous process improvement.
Target salary range: $85,001 - $95,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.