SAIC is seeking a Training Support/Tech Writer for the US Navy.
NOTE: This is a hybrid position; work location is flex work with periodic onsite support at NSWC Crane in Crane, IN. Preferred home of record is near Crane, IN for periodic project meetings.
The Crane, IN office has need of an individual with experience/expertise in the areas of surface ship vertical launch systems and/or submarine capsule launch systems pertaining to Tomahawk Land Attack Missile (TLAM) All Up Round (AUR) Load and Offload handling equipment, including maintenance and operations.
- Provide technical writing support to prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documentation that incorporates information and data from Program Office, customers, In-Service Engineer Agents (ISEAs), task lead, end users, and other departments.
- Research, collect, analyze, organize, and prepare technical information and data.
- Develop high-quality documentation with minimal guidance that is coherent and easy to follow as well as complies with corresponding standard, style guide, and/or directive and meets the customers and end user's needs. Documentation includes but is not limited to technical manuals, plans, instructions, ordnance directives, and training materials (e.g., training project plans, course training task list, lesson plans, trainee guides, training course control documents in accordance with NAVEDTRA 130).
- Manipulate graphics, charts, diagrams, etc. to be included in documentation.
- Ensure technical content is accurate, easy to understand, and consistent.
- Edit and review rough drafts for format, clarity, and adherence to editorial and government specifications.
- Collaborate with a variety of teams and interested parties.
- Work with minimal supervision, demonstrating initiative and organization.
- Work with strict deadlines/timeframes.
- Manage several different tasks from various requestors.
- Perform clerical/administrative duties as assigned.
- Tomahawk AUR Handling and Maintenance for CLS, VLS, and TTL, A-644-001, SLC Det San Diego TT
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors and three (3) years' experience; OR Masters and one (1) year experience.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Full DOD Secret Clearance. Clearance not required to start.
- Active Secret clearance preferred.
- Submarine Machinist's Mate (Weapons) “A” School, A-123-0204, Groton CT
- Experience with DOD industry.
- Experience interpreting and synthesizing engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with ISEAs, and other available sources.
- Experience with Microsoft products to include Teams, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience interfacing with the Strategic Systems and Naval Sea Systems Command Program Offices and missile Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
- Proficient in desktop publishing with abilities to create and update tables, to manipulate graphics and drawings, to create and update flow charts, and to format/layout text.
- Experience with MIL-STDs and GPO Style Manual.
- Experience with xml schema and development of xml files and scripts.
- Experience with Adobe products to include Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Experience with NAVSEA style manuals and specifications.
- Experience with S1000D.
- Experience with Arbortext.
Target salary range: $65,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.