SAIC is currently seeking an experienced Joint Training System Specialist (JTSS) to support U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) at USAG Humphreys, South Korea.
JTSS will Provide subject matter expertise to support the planning and execution of the USFK Joint Training Program..
- Provide expert advice on the four Phases of the Joint Training Program.
- Support U.S. Forces Korea in the establishment, revision, and execution of a comprehensive, organization-wide Joint Training Program.
- Provide administrative and development support to policy, plans, procedures, actions, and milestones necessary to manage the Joint Training Program.
- Support the determination of joint training requirements, including the: Analysis of training assessments and lessons learned, review of Joint Mission Essential Tasks(JMET), development and/or analysis of training guidance, review of applicable joint doctrine, review of Campaign Plans, review of standard operating procedures and examination of applicable strategic guidance.
- Assist with the development of the Joint Training Plan to include revising the Commander’s Training Guidance, reviewing training requirements, developing training objectives, determining method and mode to meet each training objective and scheduling planned joint training events.
- Support Joint Exercise Planning and Control Groups for command post exercises to include academics or event coordination, Joint Training Information Management System support, collection management plans and assessment plan development.
- Ensure Task Performance Observations and Training Proficiency Evaluations are captured for training objectives for exercises and assist with the training of Observers throughout the Joint Event Life Cycle.
- Provide support to assess the joint training impact on warfighting readiness.
- Assist in the development, updating, and reporting of Command performance measures/indicators/metrics and annual reports.
- Analyze and develop joint training and exercise objectives based on guidance.
- Evaluate exercise design throughout the joint exercise lifecycle, and conduct exercise planning.
- Have familiarity with the Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS) as the repository of Joint Training and Exercise data and update as required.
- Prepare briefs, information papers, and presentations as required.
- Develop and maintain an electronic resource, to include key points of contact, to be used for mission continuity.
Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience; PhD or JD and five (5) years or more experience; four (4) years of related experience considered in lieu of degree.
- At least 5 years at the active duty O4, or above, level preferred.
- Experience in planning and executing joint training within the Joint Training System, joint training procedures and manuals.
- Experience and proficiency with development, design and assessment of exercise and training objectives.
- Experience and proficiency in one or more of the following: Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS), Defense Readiness Reporting System (DRRS), Joint Lessons Learned Information System (JLIIS), Operational Assessments, and Joint Mission Essential Tasks.
- Familiarity with the Joint Exercise Program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience preparing and presenting senior leadership briefings.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications.
- Must possess an active US passport whose expiration date is one year beyond their start date
US Citizen with an Active TS/SCI security clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.