SAIC is currently seeking an Operational Planning Team (OPT) Lead to guide the persistent Joint Operational Planning Process (JOPP) in development and maintenance of a joint training and exercise campaign required in the USINDOPACOM J71, Plans and Program Branch, located on Camp H.M. Smith in Oahu, Hawaii.
- OPT Lead will guide a team of professionals in continual development and refinement of a campaign plan intended to integrate national and multinational objectives through joint training and exercises.
- Create solutions to complex problems and apply operational art in an uncertain geostrategic security environment to design a campaign that will inform the USINDOPACOM joint exercise Joint Event Life Cycles (JELC).
- Quickly and critically assess a situation, determine the essence of a problem, fashion a suitable response, and concisely communicate the conclusion in oral, written, and visual forms
- Apply the competence, confidence, character, and creativity required to lead complex planning efforts at a Geographic Combatant Command Headquarters.
- Create, design, plan, and implement adaptive concepts to meet current and future challenges while maintaining consistent communications with the Branch Chief to ensure efforts are aligned with the Commander and well-coordinated with the staff. ·
- Work with military, civilian and contractor personnel on a daily basis.
- Brief Flag Officers, General Officers, and other Senior Leaders on Joint Exercise related events.
- Coordinate, synchronize, and communicate with the Joint Staff J7, other Combatant/Functional Commands, and service components.
- Work and maintain appropriate OPSEC conditions at multiple levels.
- Inform the development of wargames and senior leader seminars, craft executive level briefs or point papers, and carry out additional duties in support of aligning joint exercises with deliberate plans.
- Perform such other duties as directed by J71 and J7 T&E Leadership.
Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience; PhD or JD and five (5) years or more experience; four (4) years of related experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Formal military training from a Senior Service College an advanced planners course (e.g. Joint Advanced Warfighting School (JAWS), School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS), Department of Military Strategy, Planning, and Operations (DMSPOP) in order to demonstrate a mastery of the fundamentals of joint operations, operational art, operational design, and the relationship of operational art to strategy including firm knowledge of strategic context.
- Demonstrated excellence as a planning team lead, able to conduct Crisis Action Planning and Deliberate Planning across the range of joint military operations with experience writing associated plans and orders.
- Must have requisite knowledge of the organization and functions of a military operational headquarters staff so as to build cohesive and well-trained planning teams in order to foster effective collaborative relationships and trust among diverse organizations and individuals.
- Will be expected to analyze, understand, and apply the JOPP and Military Decision Making Process (MDMP) to create plans, orders, and staff estimates at the operational level of war throughout the range of military operations. · Fully Joint Qualified (3L identifier or service equivalent) with knowledge of the Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff’s Joint Training System (JTS) policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of general business software and an aptitude for learning new applications.
- 3 years or more experience on a Combatant Command or Service component staff, preferably in the Indo-Pacific AOR.
Candidates must have an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.