The National Security Customer Group of SAIC is seeking a SharePoint Developer to support an IT Service Management effort for USTRANSCOM located at Scott Air Force Base (AFB) in Illinois. The USTC Managed Information Technology Services (MITS) contract is intended to provide strategic, technical, and program management guidance and support services to facilitate the operations and modernization of the combatant command’s infrastructure, systems, and applications. This support will be provided to the USTC Command, Control, Communications & Cyber Systems Directorate (TCJ6).
The successful candidate shall lead activities related to the functional scoping, technical development, and sustainment of a SharePoint Online collaborative environment and will be responsible for SharePoint site administration for a large site collection directly supporting approximately 4,000 users across different security classification environments.
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Centralizing document storage and collaboration to help the Customer organize, manage, and share documents and records
- Managing of site collections, web applications (including development and customization of new applications as needed), associated security protocols, and any necessary user interface or system configuration
- Designing, developing, configuring and deploying Microsoft Office SharePoint Server applications across virtual cloud environments that include document, records management, automated workflow, collaboration, messaging, and content management within virtual environment
- Planning SharePoint Site Architecture, configuration, and publishing across key sites and resolving technical and user support issues
- Making informed recommendations pertaining to improving site architecture, hosting, security, and software implementation
- Developing custom web parts, macros, live tiles, templates, content types and then integrating enterprise content and those tools into SharePoint
- Creating automated business solutions using SharePoint Forms and workflows
- Produce PowerShell scripts to automate regular tasks, produce reports, simplify complex tasks and fix problems
- Reinforcing security and protecting system data integrity in all aspects of system implementation
- Contributing to the integration of Microsoft SharePoint with other data repositories, providing records collection and search capabilities from SharePoint and other data repositories
- Creating SharePoint designs, presentations, and supporting graphics in support of project planning and consensus building
- Working with other team members to create reports and dashboards from various data sources and related Microsoft SharePoint environments and applications
- Meeting with stakeholders to gather requirements for enhancing and/or modifying your managed sites on an ongoing basis
- Monitoring SharePoint sites for traffic
- Resolving problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
This position is for Monday through Friday, normal business hours. However, employee may be required to provide after-hours and weekend support during planned or emergency events.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience.
ITIL Foundations (v3 or higher) certification
Active IAT Level II certification (Security+, CECCNA-Security, CySA+ **, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP)
Must have at least one Computing Environment (CE) certification or certificate for the technical area of responsibility in any of the following: Software development (e.g., java, .net. C++, python, Visual Basic, etc.) OR Application (e.g., database, backup, automation, webserver, network, proxy, firewall)
Extensive knowledge of SharePoint Tools and MS 365
Experience setting up templates for SharePoint, training users in SharePoint.
Experience setting up Power Automate Workflows to automate business processes, and SharePoint forms for tasks.
Familiarity with PowerShell
Knowledge of implementing software in cloud environment that adheres to DOD Security guidelines.
Experience researching and writing excellent documentation and examples for technical personnel
Experience with MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Excel
Ability to manage multiple, high, & competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
Ability to communicate IT, networking, and security concepts to personnel at all levels of experience and responsibility
Ability to become familiar with basic project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
Technical writing and documentation skills.
Configuration and change management experience working directly with/for a Government customer.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.