The National Security Customer Group of SAIC is seeking a Knowledge Management to support an IT Service Management effort for USTRANSCOM located at Scott Air Force Base (AFB) in Illinois. The USTC Managed Information Technology Services (MITS) contract is intended to provide strategic, technical, and program management guidance and support services to facilitate the operations and modernization of the combatant command’s infrastructure, systems, and applications. This support will be provided to the USTC Command, Control, Communications & Cyber Systems Directorate (TCJ6).
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and maintaining Knowledge Management for the program.
- Providing IT Service Management (ITSM) subject matter expertise for Knowledge Management.
- Appling ITIL guidance and framework to analyze business processes and service deficiencies, and implement specific processes to mature delivery processes.
- Contributing to development of governance structures and processes for implementing solutions.
- Contributing to the definition, management, governance and improvement of Knowledge Management for the organization.
- Ensuring that all stakeholders are sufficiently involved in the Knowledge Management process.
- Creating, categorizing, reviewing, and approving Knowledge Articles.
- Reviewing feedback from users and incorporate into Knowledge Articles.
- Identifying and documenting configurations, workflows, and separate access controls.
- Contributing to identifying and documenting Service Management System (SMS) setup and configuration requirements for Knowledge Management.
- Reviewing practice area stories for accurate definition and acceptance criteria, provide formal process testing and UAT sign-off for Service Management System (SMS) implementations and upgrades.
- Promoting and reinforcing adherence to the process and policies associated with Knowledge Management.
- Coordinating with Continual Improvement Service Manager to address failed SLAs.
- Developing and maintaining documentation for Knowledge Management, including processes, procedures, work instructions and formatting standards for Knowledge Articles.
- Monitoring the Knowledge Management process and working practices for effectiveness.
- Ensuring consistent execution of the process across the organization.
- Reporting on the effectiveness of the process to senior management, regularly and ad hoc.
- Affecting process change, including continuous improvement opportunities.
- Coordinating with all IT Practice Managers to successfully implement best practice Service Delivery.
- Escalating issues as needed to higher management.
This position is for Monday through Friday, normal business hours.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors with six (6) years or more experience; Masters with four (4) years or more experience.
ITSM Knowledge Management System experience
Excellent communication and technical writing skills, including ability to understand technical conversations, ask appropriate questions to uncover gaps and bottlenecks, and lay out logical ordering of steps to achieve smooth resolution or closure of IT Incidents, Service Requests, and Problems.
Experience creating graphics and workflow documentation
Experience with MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel
Ability to manage multiple, high, & competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
Ability to communicate IT, networking, and security concepts to personnel at all levels of experience and responsibility
Ability to become familiar with basic project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
Configuration and change management experience working directly with/for a Government customer
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- ITIL Foundations (v3 or higher) certification
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.