The National Security Customer Group of SAIC is seeking a Database Analyst/Programmer to support an IT Service Management effort for USTRANSCOM located at Scott Air Force Base (AFB) in Illinois. The USTC Managed Information Technology Services (MITS) contract is intended to provide strategic, technical, and program management guidance and support services to facilitate the operations and modernization of the combatant command’s infrastructure, systems, and applications. This support will be provided to the USTC Command, Control, Communications & Cyber Systems Directorate (TCJ6).
The successful candidate will provide life-cycle support for database environment to include database administration, maintenance, and optimization support for office information business applications.
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Designing, installing, configuring, and day-to-day troubleshooting and performance monitoring of Database Management Systems (DBMS) and databases
- Ensuring database administration support satisfies or exceeds established SLA and OLA agreements with the customer
- Administering Enterprise-wide Oracle Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Evaluating the existing Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and any other identified software to determine its ability to continue to support customer requirements and provide recommendations
- Working closely with the Tier III (Engineering support) to document a strategy, develop a plan, and implement and maintain a more robust database-managed environment, in line with industry best practices
- Providing technical problem solving for customer computer support of database applications, troubleshoot issues with existing or developed systems; work with the appropriate resources to resolve them
- Developing database interfaces to other agency databases
- Monitoring and tuning the database environment on a regular basis to identify bottlenecks, capacity issues, operating system, and database software-configuration issues, and remedy them
- Implementing all relevant security patches and other directed security measures for Database Management systems (DBMSs)
- Researching and resolving security issues
- Utilizing SQL, and programming languages such as HTML and XML other shell scripting to create and modify database structures, and automate processes
- Supporting testing of database applications to ensure functionality
- Developing, implementing, and periodically testing backup, recovery, and restoration plans for databases
- Ensuring data replication between different sites (primary and alternate) is kept current and meets documented service levels
- Keeping DBMS releases of the production and alternate site systems in sync and ready for operations.
- Back-up systems, application software, Web content, and databases on a continuing basis and maintain off-site storage at a Government facility
- Maintaining system documentation per Change and Configuration Management policy and procedures
- Providing recurring and adhoc reporting of database management systems status and other reports
This position is for Monday through Friday, normal business hours. However, employee may be required to provide after-hours and weekend support during planned or emergency events
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and four (4) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience.
- Active IAT Level II certifications (Security+, CECCNA-Security, CySA+ **, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP)
- Computing Environment (CE) certification or certificate for the technical area of responsibility for Application (e.g., database, backup, automation, webserver, network, proxy, firewall) with a preference in Oracle database.
- Fluency in SQL
- Proficient in Oracle database architecture as well as Oracle database administration experience
- Experience with Windows operating systems
- Analytical skills
- Experience with MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel
- Ability to manage multiple, high, & competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Ability to communicate database, IT, networking, and security concepts to personnel at all levels of experience and responsibility
- Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- ITIL Foundations (v3 or higher) certification
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- DoD TS clearance (SCI eligible) **PLEASE VERIFY AS THERE WAS CONFLICTING INFORMATION
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.