The National Security Customer Group of SAIC is seeking a Configuration Management Specialist to support an IT Service Management effort for USTRANSCOM located at Scott Air Force Base (AFB) in Illinois. The USTC Managed Information Technology Services (MITS) contract is intended to provide strategic, technical, and program management guidance and support services to facilitate the operations and modernization of the combatant command’s infrastructure, systems, and applications. This support will be provided to the USTC Command, Control, Communications & Cyber Systems Directorate (TCJ6).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the IT Service Management (ITSM) Configuration Management process to identify, track, and manage the baseline Configuration Items (CIs) in an enterprise environment through their lifecycle.
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Planning, identifying, controlling, monitoring and verifying activities to achieve control of the IT system functional and physical asset CIs
- Quality data management of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) by ensuring that CIs are recorded from receipt to disposal, attributes and relationships are properly maintained
- Working Service Request tickets daily. Complete actions in support of change requests to create or update CIs, and ensure attribute data and relationships to other CIs are accurate. Review incident records requesting CMDB update, prepare respective change records to coordinate and implement the update activity
- Identifying and implementing continual service improvement of the asset and configuration management processes and procedures based on ITIL V4 framework
- Working closely with organizational stakeholders to ensure the proper configuration standards for hardware, software, and documentation assets
- Implementing the configuration management processes and procedures according to the Enterprise Configuration Management SOP
- Managing and facilitating Enterprise Configuration Control Board (E-CCB)
- Reviewing released engineering change requests and data to ensure adherence to configuration management procedures and policies.
- Planning and conducting physical and functional audits utilizing various methods of inspection.
- Documenting audit results and ensure corrective actions to resolve discrepancies are completed.
- Identify, develop and maintain reports to support Configuration Status Accounting Reporting.
- Producing Weekly Activity Report
This position is for Monday through Friday, normal business hours.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- IAT Level II certifications (Security+, CECCNA-Security, CySA+ **, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP)
- Must have at least one Computing Environment (CE) certification or certificate for the technical area of responsibility for Cloud or virtualization (e.g., Azure, AWS, oracle, IBM, etc.) with a preference in AWS.
- Experience with query based reporting tool
- Experience with MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Excel
- Ability to manage multiple, high, & competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to communicate IT, networking, and security concepts to personnel at all levels of experience and responsibility
- Ability to become familiar with basic project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Technical writing and documentation skills.
- Configuration and change management experience working directly with/for a Government customer.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- ITIL Foundations (v3 or higher) certification
- Knowledge of and/or experience with software and hardware discovery tools
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.