SAIC is seeking an aggressive and highly adaptable individual to join its Procurement Team as a Senior Subcontract Analyst with back and experience in Space and Satellite manufacturing, launch and sustainment programs. Individual must be able to work in a high paced, team environment and must be organized and detail oriented. The individual will collaborate with technical resources inside SAIC and at the supplier to develop actions and coordinate activities needed to ensure delivery of quality parts occurs per schedule. This will include resolution of risks/obstacles, regardless of origin to ensure manufacturing, supply chain, and delivery schedules are in alignment with customer needs. Communication may involve senior management in multiple organizations.
- Develops, negotiates and administers subcontract agreements and executes other aspects of the acquisition process in development of new business proposals and resultant subcontract agreements of moderate dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity.
- Have some autonomy for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Works independently with good problem solving skills, while keeping Customer Group (CG) Subcontracts management updated on the status of their assigned activities.
- Regularly interacts with internal customers, management (at all levels) with regard to acquisition requirements and issue resolution.
- Member of the proposal process involving Request for Proposal/solicitations.
- Will be required to analyze proposals for all areas of compliance (cost/T&C/etc.) and will be involved in supplier negotiations leading to subcontract awards with subcontractors of various size and capabilities within the industry.
- Must understand cost/price analysis concepts and tools and be able to implement and complete analysis on moderate complexity supplier proposals.
- Ensures post award compliance on the supplier’s performance (cost, and all other terms and conditions) of awarded agreements.
- Responsible for post award modifications to agreements including all change related activities.
- Drive business process improvements between SAIC and the suppliers.
- Work with suppliers to lead improvement of their manufacturing processes to reduce cycle times, improve throughput and quality
- Responsible for ensuring supply base is capable and prepared to support production rates on all programs.
- Support the selection, development, and management of Strategic & Preferred Suppliers to meet commodity cost and performance goals.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution preferably in Business Administration or related field and 6 years related experience.
- Must have understanding of the government acquisition process.
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation.
- Solid negotiation, oral, and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must possess a positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visibility critical tasks simultaneously.
- CPSR Audit requirements, Price Analysis Techniques, Costpoint Purchasing System, Word Processing and Electronic Spreadsheets.
- Experience in space/satellite and ground systems Supply Chain/Procurement/Purchasing. Background with total program lifecycle and subcontractor performance preferred.
- Experience in managing Firm Fixed Price agreements on large platform support programs with an emphasis on space and satellite programs..
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications & support manufacturability improvement initiatives
- Ability to read and understand complex statements of work in support of FFP platform programs.
- Experience in managing Supplier Data Requirements Lists (SDRL) in support of program and subcontract performance
- General knowledge of Supply Chain Management practices as well as procurement systems.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Lean management tools with the ability to measure, analyze and assess complex processes
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.