Job ID: 2303486
Location: MACDILL AFB, FL, United States
Date Posted: Mar 15, 2023
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Spec
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking Cybersecurity Hunt Team / Computer Forensic & Intrusion Analyst to be responsible for ensuring information security efforts are implemented as a function of the Information Technology Engineering life cycle to reduce risks, respond to incidents and limiting exposure to liability and risk to technology systems, networks, and applications.
Candidate will apply existing strong policy and process knowledge, as well as deep skill and expertise, for the development and implementation of security standards, procedures, guidelines and tools for multiple platforms and diverse system environments. Must be a team player, willing to work challenging assignments and tasks concerning Cyber Security, Information Assurance and Computer Network Defense policy, procedures and guidance; must be willing to travel, on occasion, throughout the AOR (which includes Afghanistan, Iraq, Bahrain, Qatar, and other Southwest Asia nations).
Roles and responsibilities:
- Implement Cyber Security processes for the Cyber Operations / Cybersecurity Operations Cell (CSOC) Branch and Hunt team; develop tools and processes to define, deter, detect and defend USCENTCOM networks against internal and external threats attempting to gain access or exploit critical information, infrastructure and systems.
- Candidate will participate as a member of integrated government/contractor teams of technical and subject matter experts conducting Cyber Security, Information Assurance / Computer Network Defense (IA/CND), Incident Handling and Response in support of HQ USCENTCOM.
- Independently conduct Hunt operations using combinations current threat intelligence, individual research, statistical analysis, and industry standard tools.
- Duties include anomaly detection, tracking, reporting and response specifically targeted towards computer or network security incidents; investigations of events and detailed analysis are required.
- Create correlations and other logic to identify attackers and defend the network against advanced attacks.
- Candidate will be responsible to provide reports, briefings, and updates to senior Military/Government/Contractor leadership, academic and executive audiences.
- Candidate will provide expert analytical support that includes research, documentation and development of tactics, techniques, and procedures to support Active Cyber Defense and IA/CND mission.
- Manage escalated security issues from investigation through recommendation and remediation plan implementation.
- Identify and address key threats, controls, and operational gaps to ensure a solid security practice.
- Mentor junior security analysts in any areas of personal or professional subject mastery.
- Military Experience (Active Duty or Reserves)
- IAT/IAM Level III Certification
- Experience with Host Based Security System (HBSS), Firewall and ARCSIGHT software
- Experience with Cyber Security in a Joint and Coalition Partner environment
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.