Job ID: 2303274
Location: SAN BERNARDINO, CA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 27, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Test Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking experienced and highly motivated engineers to join our team of rocket scientists.
Tired of the long commute into the Los Angeles area, SAIC has exciting aerospace engineering opportunities in the Inland Empire. The Inland Empire has affordable housing and commute times much shorter than typical commutes into the LA area since our SAIC Engineering office is located on the east side of Los Angeles. This position will be located at San Bernardino, CA. Commit your years of experience, or build on your current engineering skills to a future of excellence as you help shape the future of the United States missile technology. Develop critical aerospace skills and learn from some of the best in the industry for rocket technology.
SAIC is responsible for the Force Development Evaluation (FDE) of the current Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile System (ICBMs), and provides analysis capabilities to the Air Force to ensure that all system performance requirements are achieved. SAIC provides aerospace engineering support as part of a multi-contractor team. SAIC is looking for an energetic and highly motivated engineer to become the next generation telemetry expert for a variety of interesting rocket programs. At the SAIC San Bernardino engineering center we are multi-discipline team of propulsion, structures, fluid mechanics, software, controls, and avionics engineers. We support the Rocket System Launch Program (RSLP) which is a United States Space Force program that provides quick access to space to other government agencies in addition to ICBM technical analysis. Working in the SBCA engineering center provides a unique and diverse opportunity to work with various launch vehicle programs (besides MMIII) and contractors throughout the country and perform independent analysis of the launch vehicle designs. Don’t miss this great opportunity to contribute to one of the most exciting and challenging development and sustainment efforts in the Department of Defense (DoD). Position and pay will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Roles and Responsibilities (including some or all of the following):
· Telemetry processing MMIII and support post flight analysis
· Operate and maintain telemetry processing system/equipment
· Support metric data processing used for post flight analysis
· Support VAFB Launch operations and Range coordination as needed
· Support mission planning and Range integration and failure investigation as needed
· Review and verify accurate telemetry processing and launch vehicle timing data requirements
Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or applied mathematics or applied physics or related program and a minimum of 3 years of related experience
· Experience in following: launch vehicle PCM telemetry systems, launch vehicle instrumentation, and/or navigation system instrumentation
· Experience in FORTRAN and/or C/C++ on Linux platforms preferred
· Proficiency with MATLAB and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Must have demonstrated presentation skills and experience interfacing with customer
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.