SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior System Administrator to support our Department of Defense (DOD) contract, working in NCR area.
Shift Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 to 5:00 PM core hours. Onsite work due to supporting systems hosted in an air-gapped environment. Flexible with potential 9/80 work schedule.
- The applicant will provide technical support and compliance for the network in a collaborative team environment.
- Day-to-day operations and maintenance which include but not limited to; review of audit logs, creating backups of the data, files, maintaining network documentation and reviewing scans
- Server/Workstation Security and maintenance updates
- Maintain system configuration documentation
- Design/Maintain/Create system configuration and architecture documentation
- Design/Maintain/Create system process and procedure documentation
- Maintain virus definitions, patch versions and Department of Defense (DoD)
- Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) levels on all servers, workstations, and laptop
- Monitor and Maintain Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- Utilize the DoD Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) to update, manage and track implementation of information security requirements for the IT assets and resources
- Provide technical support and implementation for security tools and upgrades
- Provide installation support for network systems applications
- Support DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF)
- Ensure all HBSS products are at the latest version
- Ensure the Security Center Linux server is at the latest DISA-approved version of Security Center, as well as having the latest patches installed
- Ensure the Nessus Scanner is at the latest DISA-approved version of Nessus
- Monitor Rogue System Detection within McAfee ePO and report all rogue systems appropriately
- Monitor Data Loss Prevention within McAfee ePO and report all DLP incidents appropriately
- Perform export of Microsoft updates from WSUS (Windows Server Update Services) server on JSP Network and import to WSUS server residing on the PRUN (Pentagon Reservation Utility Network).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field and nine (9) years or more experience or at least five (5) years of equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- This position requires an active DOD Secret clearance.
- Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of work - IAT Level II required (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP); IAT Level III is desirable (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH). Applicants not meeting this requirement will not be considered
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with security products as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Products installing, configuring, and administering Microsoft Server 2012R2, Server 2016 / 2019 and Windows 10 operating systems.
- At least 3-5 years experience working with Security and Auditing tools for Windows and Linux operating system such HBSS and ACAS to include: installing, configuring, maintenance, backups, and restore.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft's operating systems, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and knowledge with other Microsoft Products.
- Active DoD 8140 IAT Level III certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.