SAIC is hiring a Senior Acquisition Support Specialist to conduct acquisition planning and support activities for current and future programs in accordance with Federal, DoD, Air Force and JWAC laws regulations, policies, directives and instructions. This position is located in Dahlgren, VA.
- Support various program actions and activities to include Integrated Project Team (IPTs) meetings, requirements matrix to capability planning and development, vendor performance tracking, milestone planning, staff coordination, and decision document preparation
- Provide acquisition planning and support required for project monitoring, financial monitoring, project planning and scheduling; financial management support, budget analysis support, obligation and budget execution tracking, and daily funds monitoring
- Support the government acquisition managers by ensuring programs are in conformance with current DoD directives (i.e. 5000 and 8000 series), the program’s approved Acquisition Program Baseline document, and current JWAC policies
- Perform program management functions to monitor cost, schedule and performance of contractors, contracts and higher level taskings in support of JWAC capabilities
- Provide assistance in the coordination of Integrated Project Teams (IPTs), various program actions and activities to include but not be limited to requirements development, solicitation development, source selections, pre- and post-award monitoring and activities
- Maintain a current status of all acquisition activities and perform analysis on the delivery performance, maintaining metrics and reports for distribution to government management
- Provide senior acquisition management support to the government acquisition manager in the development of ongoing and crucial core protection competencies that advance specific projects/activities (including cyber) to deliver comprehensive, economical and actionable solutions for both programmatic and operational domains
- Consult with client to define need or problem and lead surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions
- Support the development of long-term plans including the Program Objective Memorandum (POM) process
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience.
- Active Secret clearance required; Ability to obtain TS/SCI required to maintain employment
- US citizenship required
- Relevant experience with DoD acquisition processes, procedures, and functions to support the procurement and management of capabilities in JWAC’s portfolio of programs
- Program management experience
- Knowledge of the FAR and DFAR
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.