SAIC is seeking a highly motivated Senior Cyber Security Analyst. The successful candidate will provide support to the Cybersecurity Integrity Center (CIC) in the Department of State Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM). Duties are in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area (30% in downtown D.C; 70% in Beltsville, MD). The CIC supports cybersecurity monitoring, threat analysis, incident response, and infrastructure remediation within and across all of the State Department’s information technology (IT) infrastructure. The CIC coordinates and collaborates with other State Department bureaus as well as other organizations within the Federal Government, and commercial partners. Work is performed in a 24x7x365 operation and shifts available are to be determined.
The position may allow temporary hybrid remote work due to Covid-19. Position may be called back onsite at any time at the customer's request.
Description of Duties
The Senior Cyber Security Analyst provides Cybersecurity remediation through outreach to system owners and system administrators for the CIC, especially in Microsoft products and security systems, but also including other enterprise server & desktop operating systems enterprise applications, and in support of over 80,000 customers globally. The Cyber Security Analyst will:
- Apply preventive measures, system monitoring, and data analysis.
- Apply sound technical and management principles to identify and remediate cybersecurity --vulnerabilities across the State Department global IT enterprise infrastructure
- Perform Cybersecurity remediation through outreach to system owners and system administrators
- Apply organizational and process change principals
- Monitor the release of new Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs) and inform stakeholders
- Evaluate system performance results, response to incidents/problems, perform risk assessments, and evaluate performance metrics
- Ability to conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems
- Detecting host and network-based intrusions via intrusion detection technologies
- Develop, Identify and resolve security vulnerabilities related to deployment and testing processes
- Assist with streamlining and optimizing processes and procedures to rapidly remediate vulnerabilities from cybersecurity threats
- Collaborate with Department and external cyber stakeholders on cybersecurity technology implementations to meet specific operational needs.
- Perform technical evaluations of recommended vulnerability mitigation actions and make recommendations based on impact and/or other countermeasures.
- Implement strategies for CIC cyber defense technologies, ensuring integration and alignment for continued operation.
- Perform operation and maintenance activities in support of existing CIC cyber tools and technologies (MSV, Qualys, Tenable Nessus and others).
- Identify, diagnose, and prioritize anomalies in cyber defense infrastructure and resources.
- Document, request and maintain ports, protocols, and services for CIC infrastructure
- Perform cybersecurity testing of developed applications and/or systems. Identify and direct the remediation of technical problems encountered during testing and implementation of new systems.
- Assist with developing reports and dashboards and make tuning request to SIEM system owner(s) in support of enhancing cyber monitoring.
- Make recommendations based on trend analysis to enhance monitoring and hygiene activities.
- Properly document all systems security implementation, operations, and maintenance activities and update as necessary.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; may accept additional experience in lieu of degree
- 2 years experience of penetration testing
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, privacy principles, and their respective organizational requirements including: control systems, networks, risk management, incident management, situational awareness, information assurance, and access control
- Ability to expresses technical and non-technical information, both verbal and written to leadership and staff to ensure proper IT operations
- Experience and skill presenting complex technical issues to a wide audience with varying levels of technical experience
- Experience using a variety of frameworks (i.e., NIST CSF/RMF, COBIT, NIST 800 Series, ISO 270001, CERT Resilience Management Model (RMM)) to assist organizations in evaluating their security programs
- US Citizenship
- Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Active Top Secret is preferred
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CISSP Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (CISSP-ISSAP)
- GIAC Defensible Security Architecture (GDSA)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE)
- GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.