Join SAIC’s OneSETA Team to provide our government customer with Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) support. SETA services range from providing administrative assistance to providing expert technical assistance on national efforts that will contribute to maintaining and expanding the capabilities of homeland security.
For this position at DHS Office of Innovation and Collaboration (OIC) Front Office (FO), the Senior Budget Analyst will provide senior level business and financial management support which includes:
- Support all aspects of the DHS S&T/OIC Program, Planning, Budget and Execution (PPBE) lifecycle such as:
- Resource Allocation Planning
- Office of Management and Budget Justifications (OMBJ)
- Congressional Justification (CJ)
- Performance and Funds Execution reporting
- Execution plan development
- Spend plan development
- Financial Transactions and Interagency Agreements
- Pre-award acquisition development
- Miscellaneous Obligations (Training, Travel, Purchase Cards)
- Extensive use of financial and acquisition databases to include Federal Financial Management System
- Provide senior level budget and financial analysis for Office of Innovation and Collaboration.
- Budget point of contact for all OIC Front Office issues between multiple divisions, I&C financial analysts, finance and budget divisions and performance branches.
- Validate spending plan loading and distribution by utilizing approved financial systems.
- Directly support the Business Financial Manager (BFM) and budget team in the fiscal execution, development, planning, and coordination of all activities related to the budget, finance, and acquisition.
- Support the BFM, Division Leaders and staff in the development, validation and reporting of resource allocation process (RAP) and develop funding requirements.
- Manage and execute budget related taskers from DHS HQ and S&T internal. Review , consolidate and report submissions.
- Serve as budget point of contact for all Congressional level taskers.
- Assist in the development of OIC Front Office fiscal policy and guidance in accordance with DHS finance and budget guidance
- Assist with development of spend plans and track current year requests against approved spend plans
- Recommend funding realignments between divisions and HQ levels to meet mission priorities.
- Maintain Unfunded Request (UFR) tracking sheet and make recommendations on funding priorities in accordance with guidance.
- Assist in identifying previously obligated contract funding for de-obligation and prepare de-obligation funding
- Develop and manage electronic file system that captures all required financial documentation associated with labs.
- Support leadership in formulating, interpreting, and applying major financial policies, principles, and procedures in support of future year planning and current year budget execution
- Support development of program strategy and prioritization of objectives for future funding.
- Provide budget analysis and of financial data from multiple sources and present distilled findings and recommendations to help inform strategic decisions for OIC Front Office leadership.
- Create budgetary presentations that illustrate financial projections, goals, shortfalls, etc. for federal decision making.
- Provide talking points to demonstrate budgetary concerns/recommendations/inquiries.
- Provide complex financial reports utilizing DHS financial systems and expert level skills in Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Provide quality review of PR packages and acquisition related documents.
- Provide support in the development of the OIC Front Office Financial Dashboard.
- Provide weekly status reports on OIC Divisions’ funds execution.
- Assist OIC Front Office federal staff with routine budget and performance taskers to ensure submissions are consolidated, timely and accurate.
- Assist OIC Divisions with resolving budgetary and financial issues as needed.
- Perform ad-hoc administrative duties as requested by OIC Front Office federal staff.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Manage multiple assignments from multiple people in busy work environment
- Work independently, initiate best business practices to support senior leadership, and perform duties with a customer service attitude
- Facilitate meetings, capture action items, and initiate appropriate follow-up with individuals responsible for completion of action items on schedule
- Analyze and interpret large amounts of program output data and information associated with research work plans, budget reports, and the like
- Assist with the identification of programmatic strengths and weaknesses
- Work collaboratively with all budget team members as well as represent OIC Front Office to others in leadership roles
- Prepare integrated project timelines to support DHS budget preparations and briefings
- Develop revisions to transition plans and initial operations estimates and yearly cash flows to support budget submittals as necessary
- BA/BS + 10 Years of relevant experience or Master’s +5 years of relevant experience.
- Must have at minimum, a current an active SECRET clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Experience in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) environment.
- Travel may be required.
- Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
- Prior DHS experience including any DHS components or HQ Directorates, especially DHS S&T.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.