DESCRIPTION: SAIC has an opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to help identify and plan new capabilities to support mission operations. This position is in Chantilly, VA. If this sounds exciting, we want to interview you and tell you more about our program culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit for both of us.
- Provide technical leadership in applying Digital Engineering concepts, processes and tools to help the government plan and define capabilities needed to better support mission operations (e.g. automation, situational awareness, etc.)
- Analyze user needs, concept of operations, and high-level systems architectures to develop system requirements
- Identify and communicate system engineering risks, issues, opportunities, assumptions, mitigations, and dependencies
- Provide technical support to government points of contacts
- Collaborate with SETA team members, development contractors, and customer forums
- Effectively communicate and interface with engineers from various contractors and government organizations
- Develop assessments and briefings to a variety of audiences; conveys information in crisp, articulate manner
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelors Degree and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters degree and seven (7) years or more experience
- Contract requirement is Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) field and nine (9) years or more experience (*customer waiver may be acquired in some cases)
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Poly required to start and must be maintained
- In-depth experience with NRO systems engineering and mission readiness processes; familiar with readiness events, control gates, and associated entry/exit criteria
- Knowledge of GEOINT and SIGINT overall space and ground architecture including mission management, mission control and/or mission processing functions
- Program lifecycle experience from concept development and design to deployment, operations and maintenance, decommission
- Experience with CONOPS requirements development, interface control documentation, technical specification review, architecture development
- Experience in mission operations environment – ops tempo, performance characterization, utility analysis, system calibrations
- Experience with systems development methodologies (e.g Agile, DevOps, Spiral, Waterfall, etc.); cloud technologies
- Familiar with Digital Engineering/Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) concepts and tools
- Self-starter, proactively addresses customer requirements with no supervision; expert at defining solutions for broad, abstract topics
- Polished communicator (written/verbal); impeccable interpersonal skills and personal judgment
- Master at collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders -- consensus builder
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, MS Project)
- Experience with MBSE/Digital Engineering and associated tools
- Real-time operations experience as a spacecraft or ground systems operator
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.