Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS has an opening for a system engineering professional versed in enterprise-level testing, interface development and checkout, and coordination across the customer enterprise and program to make new missions and capabilities successful.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Systems Integration Expert
- Provide day-to-day support to SPO Government Points of Contact (GPOCs) to assure actions are addressed; provide recommendations/products that reflect the best technical and programmatic path for the SPO based on extensive acquisition requirements management experience.
- Plan and execute on-orbit and ground interface testing in preparation for transition to operations
- Provide SPO insight and expertise during enterprise-level test planning and execution
- Provide systems engineering interface with the Directorate front office, NRO Directorates and Offices, non-NRO program offices, and user organizations.
- Develop and coordinate readiness plans for end-to-end testing of satellite systems.
- Support requirements and test activities across the NRO enterprise and with the development contractors.
- Support technical and programmatic reviews and meetings, as required.
- Assist in the development of acquisition strategies to procure spacecraft and test equipment.
- Coordinate technical evaluations of developer Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), including Basis of Estimate evaluations and recommendations in support of establishing USG cost positions
- Provide expert advice concerning payload accommodation development.
- Based on user needs and higher level allocated systems requirements, derive and flow down the error budgets and other requirements to development specifications.
- Review and coordinate on all changes to specifications, ICDs and system level requirements documentation including the mechanical, thermal, and electrical accommodation of payloads onto the satellite bus.
- Review developer artifacts including test plans/procedures in support of major design review milestones (e.g. PDR, CDR) and Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs)
- Participate in spacecraft subsystem FCA/PCA and ensure entry and exit criteria are satisfied, documenting and liens and/or action items as appropriate
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Basic understanding of DOD/IC satellite systems and architectures
- Experience with ground integration and test
- Interface Control Document (ICD) and Request for Change (RFC) development experience
- Experience with coordinating testing across multiple program levels, including between the enterprise and developer
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building, and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to be independent and effective in a government/contractor team environment
- Experience in DOD/IC acquisition and program management processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated sustained superior performance
- Available to travel domestically
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline
- Previous experience conducting multi-segment test
- Previous experience developing technical specifications for space systems
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.