SAIC is seeking Junior to Senior level Software Safety Engineers to join our team in Huntsville, AL!
The MLRS Software Safety Engineer:
- Applies knowledge, methodologies and principles of safety engineering as defined in MIL-STD-882E and Software Safety engineering as defined in the Joint Software System Safety Engineering Handbook (JSSSEH)
- Reviews product systems, functional specifications and operations, and establishes safety requirements for assigned systems
- Independently analyzes and recommends safety criteria in system Software design, architecture, requirements, software code and test to control or eliminate hazards
- Assesses safety implementation in the Software Functionality, Requirements, Code and Test for hazard and causal factors to satisfy critical system safety objectives
- Collaborate with software design teams and the customer in the execution of various MIL-STD-882E software hazard analyses, such as FHAs, HTLs, and SwSARs
- Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, test, or evaluate military weapons systems
- Uses Critical Thinking skills to determine Safety Impact on Software Issues
- Assesses architecture, requirements and interface artifacts for safety on complex hardware/ software systems
- Reviews and approves Test Plans and Procedures for safety requirements verification
- Performs Software Safety in an agile development environment
- Basic qualifications for an Associate Systems Safety Engineer: Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 0 years of experience.
- Basic qualifications for a Systems Safety Engineer: Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 2years of professional experience.
- Basic qualifications for a Sr. Systems Safety Engineer: Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 5 years of technical experience.
- Basic qualifications for a Principal Systems Safety Engineer: Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 12 years of technical experience.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, must feel comfortable communicating and presenting in large meetings, with all levels of the organization.
- Critical thinking skills are required to perform this work.
- An active DoD Secret clearance or higher (with a background investigation within the past 6 years or enrolled into Continuous Evaluation).
- Working knowledge in military/civil system and software safety process (MIL-STD-882E, and related software processes JSSSEH, JSSSA-IG
- WSSERB, SSSTRP, Munitions Boards experience developing presentation and TDPs
- Experience with DOORS, C++, C, and Ada in an agile development environment
- Working knowledge Software systems integration engineering, and software test engineering
- Understanding Software Architecture and Design
- Experience in Hardware/Software Interface
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.