SAIC’s National Intelligence Community (NIC) Business Unit, USG Mission and Information Technology Division, provides solutions and services supporting digital modernization programs in areas such as systems engineering, multi-cloud computing, cybersecurity, data science and analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning, quantum computing, application development, SecDevOps, cloud network operations, and secure communications.
We are seeking a highly motivated Cloud Architect to join our Information Technology Transformation to Cloud Enterprise (IT2CE) team. As the Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for the design and build of multi-cloud computing architecture solutions that meet mission requirements. Additionally, you will develop future technology and architectural advancements to support the Sponsor’s architectural strategy, cloud migration, and continued evolution.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Assisting in the creation of a technology framework and providing technical leadership in support of the Sponsor’s initiatives in cloud computing and automation, with a focus on the design of systems and services that run on cloud platforms
- Assisting in the development of a baseline multi-cloud architecture methodology and framework for implementation within the C2E multi-cloud ecosystem
- Researching and analyzing multi-cloud architectures to identify and recommend appropriate cloud architecture design for each project, program, system, entity, instance, Information Technology (IT) asset, or data that exists in the Sponsor’s environment, and are migrating into the multi-cloud environment with the required classification levels
- Designing high-level cloud architectures and prototypes describing the multi-cloud resources required and mapping activity components into the cloud architecture (The architecture shall be described in the context of the Sponsor’s enterprise architecture and include cloud services, which exist or will be needed)
- Providing services to maintain and evolve the multi-cloud architecture based on ever-changing IC mission needs and ensuring optimization of cost, consumption, and performance of services are achieved across all Cloud Service Providers (CSPs)
- Supporting the development and maintenance of data models, data dictionaries, data maps, and other architecture artifacts across the enterprise
- Designing all cloud solutions in alignment with applicable policies, standards, and practices
- Providing creative and innovative architectural solutions to ill-defined requirements
- Reviewing and accessing impact of proposed scope changes to future architectures
- Active TS/SCI with eligibility and willingness to take a CI polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM domain or related field
- 9+ years of experience in a cloud and/or hybrid environment
- 9+ years of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following activities:
- IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS services (compute, storage, network, security, administration, automation, application services, and databases)
- Designing and deploying cloud solutions to Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), IBM Cloud, and/or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
- Large-scale data architecture, data modeling, database design, and information systems implementation
- Experience in architecting multi-cloud solutions with specific to the C2E Cloud Service Providers (CSPs)
- Ability to translate requirements into end-to-end designs for systems that involve multiple interfaces and support data repositories
- Technical expertise to engage with, and assess relevant technologies and their application to IT2CE work
- Capability to interface with cross program, and collaborate with executive personnel and support the customer in enterprise-wide discussions, as needed
- Strong customer service and teaming skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Cloud related
- Strong analysis and quality assessment skills
- Experience with successful full lifecycle cloud development projects
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.