This position will support an OPIR Joint customer Program Office responsible for acquiring the Overhead Persistence GEOINT Architecture (OPGA) that will provide the user community with OPIR capabilities in a modular, open architecture that provides global, persistent, real-time surveillance and activity based intelligence information. This position supports a hybrid-Agile process with the Government as the overall integrator in a Cloud Environment. The successful applicant will provide SETA support as a Principal Systems Engineer for a range of system engineering efforts with varying degrees of required technical expertise, continuity of effort and value-added judgment to advise and assist the customer’s leadership and contract teams.
SPECIFIC TASKING/PROJECT SUPPORT:
- Develop/Review acquisition plans and documentation
- Develop/Review service level and/or level of effort agreements
- Perform systems engineering functions to include requirements management, systems testing (validation and verification), systems analysis, configuration management, quality assurance, risk management, and stakeholder management
- Participate in and facilitate large group TEMs with disparate members to reach requirement consensus to capture strategic capabilities for customers, both internal and external
- Develop clear, consistent, testable acceptance criteria and requirements, and ensuring proper traceability between different levels of requirements and architecture
- Execute end-to-end processes and preparing and coordinating required documentation
- Demonstrate the ability to capture users’ needs by performing requirements elicitation directly with stakeholders, drafting and documenting requirements to implement changes to operational baselines
- Serve on integrated cross-functional teams supporting studies and analysis
- Define and document interfaces, system specs and capability requirements
- Perform requirements traceability and coordinate requirement priorities to assist informed management decisions (budget, technical and schedule)
- Review contract data requirements lists (CDRLs)
- Evaluate engineering change proposals and detail project schedules
- Provide technical assistance to system test events, launch support activities, resilience efforts, etc.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
- Must be a US Citizen with active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Recent acquisition experience (within the past 2 years) with requirements development, including writing Statements of Work (SOWs) and developing Requests for Contract Action Package (RCAP) artifacts
- Broad understanding of space and/or ground systems, hardware, software, operations, and their interdependence
- Working knowledge of IC principles, procedures
- Demonstrate the ability to work proactively, independently, and/or as a member of a highly effective technical team while developing approaches
- Working knowledge of AGILE Scrum and SAFe software development methods
- Strong communication, interpersonal and briefing skills
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and maintain high performance levels in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and developers
- Demonstrate the ability to interface with customers across the DoD, IC and other federal agencies, and international organizations and keep them aware of system updates, respond to customer inquiries, and provide technical assistance as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and various SE, PM tools
**May require overnight travel up to 3 percent of the work year
- IR Common Systems and Data Components to include OPIR phenomenology, characteristics, designs, commanding systems, and data processing architectures. Current and known future sensors include: Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) GEO, Defense Support Program (DSP), and awareness of Next Gen GEO, Next Gen Polar, space Defense Agency/Missile Defense Agency Hypersonic and Ballistic Tracking Space Sensor (HBTSS)
- SAFe Agilist certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.