SAIC is seeking an experienced Senior Proposal Manager for our Proposal Development Center in Huntsville, AL. Position offers potential remote work.
The Senior Proposal Manager will manage proposal efforts and work closely with business development and operational personnel to develop and deliver winning, high-quality Federal Government proposals. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage all aspects of proposal development: pre-proposal planning activities, kickoff meeting, schedule management, action/issue tracking, proposal structure, compliance, writing instructions and team guidance, review team coordination, and production.
- Develop and maintain proposal management-related artifacts for each opportunity, including kickoff materials, master outline, compliance matrix, schedule, writing instructions, daily stand-up agenda, proposal team contact list, action items, and color team review briefings.
- Collaborate with business development and operational leadership to obtain adequate resources for accomplishing a high-quality proposal submission in a timely manner.
- Establish and enforce the proposal schedule. Clarify, communicate, and enforce roles and responsibilities of proposal team members.
- Remain current on all solicitation modifications and communicate them to the team. Revise the schedule, outline, and compliance matrix as necessary throughout the proposal lifecycle.
- Provide and solicit daily updates on proposal progress via the daily stand-up. Identify risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Assist in the development and refinement of templates and standardized processes to streamline proposal development.
- Lead/facilitate/drive the discussion during solution and strategy sessions with the capture manager, lead solution architect, writers, and subject matter experts. Capture, document, and communicate customer hot buttons, win themes, our solution, and features and benefits at the level required for a compelling proposal response.
- Review and analyze proposal sections for consistency and clarity, compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes. Provide writers with feedback as necessary to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
- Collaborate across proposal stakeholders, including the capture manager, subject matter experts, writers, production team members, and leadership. Remove barriers for proposal team members; escalate needs and issues for timely resolution.
- Work with the color review chair to convene color teams and prepare the color team package. Lead color review recovery from post-review assessment to guiding implementation of approved content changes and modifications.
- Ensure proposal compliance, checking all sections for compliance regularly throughout the proposal cycle and before delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree (can be substituted with four years of experience)
- US citizen
- Secret security clearance
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience managing winning competitive Federal Government proposals in a defined proposal role
- Knowledge of the proposal development life cycle and understanding of Shipley or other proposal development processes
- Experience managing large, complex, and highly technical proposals with many stakeholders, and multiple interrelated plans dealing with technical, management, staffing, pricing, quality, and past performance.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and successfully under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to effectively manage on site/in-person and off site/largely remote proposals
- Excellent work ethic and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to interact with all levels of management
- Experience managing proposals with technical content in areas such as satellites, space missions, ground systems, climate and weather, information technology, systems integration, and digital engineering.
- Experience with FEDSIM acquisition, including orals development and coordination
- Familiarity with proposal collaboration tools
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.