SAIC’s National Security Group is seeking an Agile Systems Engineer to fill a position on the Landmark AOS program. Landmark AOS is a large SETA contract responsible for the complete end-to-end life cycle of the customer's Ground Enterprise. The position will be located in Chantilly, VA and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
The Agile Systems Engineer will lead and facilitate teams through the agile framework to accelerate system development.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work closely with system stakeholders and technical teams to help them understand and execute an approach to evaluating and prioritizing cross-program capabilities and requirements
- Provide coaching, feedback, and advice to government teams on Agile system engineering processes, practices, and activities using industry best practices
- Provide coaching on specific roles, including but not limited to: Solution Managers, Solution Train Engineers, Release Train Engineers and Product Owners
- Proactively seek opportunities to use process improvement and re-engineering methodologies to facilitate improvements to processes
- Apply systems analysis and design methodology assessments to identify technical debt, architectural runway and efficiency trade-offs against current and proposed/desired cloud-based software system design
- Develop and support Agile maturity assessments and coaching plans for Solution and Program level teams
- Support the identification, collection and reporting of Agile execution metrics and measurements to communicate adoption progress, bottlenecks and areas of opportunity
- Develop briefings and training courses or materials for Solution and Program level teams
- Organize and lead Release Planning events to set release goals, objectives and roadmap
- Facilitate positive team dynamics to help maximize team performance
- TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph.
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- Bachelor’s STEM degree from an accredited institution and 9 years of experience, or 12+ years of equivalent work experience
- Experience using Agile project management tools, such as Jira
- Experience as a certified Scrum Master, certified Product Owner, Release Train Engineer, or Agile Coach
- Strong organizational, time-management, and verbal / written communication skills, able to convey information across multiple customer and corporate audiences
- Ability to facilitate larger sessions or events for release planning, etc.
- NRO experience (preferably Ground)
- Knowledgeable of Agile frameworks (preferably SAFe)
- SAFe certified (SA or SPC)
- Familiarity with IC and/or DoD space architectures, systems, and/or operations
- Capability to adapt to fluid situations and prioritize tasking in a dynamic environment
- Experience managing cyclical and continual prioritization of Solution-level Kanban / Backlog across programs/teams
- Experience guiding teams and all other stakeholders on DevSecOps practices (Pipeline, collaboration, TTD (Test Driven Development and CI/CD)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.