SAIC is hiring a Program Management Assistant to provide analytic and task management support to the Principal Director (PD) – Integrated Sensing and Cyber (IS&C), DCTO-CT, OUSD R&E. This is an exciting position that requires close interaction with senior leadership and staff within the Pentagon and across the Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition community, including Components, industry partners, academia, international partners, and associations to achieve mission goals and strategic outcomes. Specifically, the Program Management Assistant enables our customer to solve complex problems; manage project communications, meetings, schedules, risk, policy compliance, and workflow; plan and track travel, budgets, and reporting; and increase workforce productivity through process improvement. This position is hybrid remote. Work will be conducted in Arlington when onsite.
- Assist the PD-ISC with overall performance (technical, cost & schedule) program management and tracking of all current and future Science and Technology programs within the EW&C portfolio aligned to the national EW mission
- Manage, track, and execute of multiple early DCTO-CT experimentation events, evaluate reports providing recommendations for future investments and assist with the management of deliverables.
- Attend and participate in meetings, take meeting notes, record taskers and actions, and update the staff when necessary.
- Review schedules proactively and make necessary changes.
- Review incoming and outgoing correspondence, including presentations, briefings, and reports; check for formatting, proofread, and edit as necessary; prepare documents for signature and ensure proper routing through the staff.
- Support senior DoD officials with memorandums, information papers, white papers, briefings, and similar correspondence.
- Gather information; articulate, analyze, and solve problems; visualize and present information; and provide decision support to achieve mission outcomes.
- Create/manage communications for the enterprise, group, and individuals including meeting agendas, briefings, and action items.
- Develop weekly reports on significant activities, report on the effectiveness of events and processes.
- Track and analyze office workflow tasks using the Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS); review volumes of data to identify trends.
- Develop weekly staff meeting slides including understanding of the context of the most important priorities.
- Support System Engineering Outreach Manager with event planning.
- Plan and conduct event and special/VIP event, coordinate audio visual and security-intelligence event support.
- Support content development and management of the conference center digital signage system.
- Manage executive schedules, coordinate visit requests, de-conflict events.
- Manage senior-level executive correspondence within OSD and across the DoD.
- Organize and facilitate internal and external communications on a wide array of subjects including internal and external tasks, program reviews, congressional events, invitations, and speaking engagements.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors and six (6) years or more experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience
Six (6) to eight (8) ears relevant experience within the DoD or a national security umbrella organization preferred
Active TS/SCI clearance
US citizenship required
Strong leadership, problem identification/resolution skills, flexibility, initiative, and a proven ability to work with Senior Executives (to include experience interfacing/communicating with Senior Executive leadership in both government and industry)
Experience writing white papers, briefings, correspondence, and reports
Demonstrated experience with Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS) or other enterprise task management system
5 years of experience in the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process and the DoD Planning, Programming, and Budgeting Systems (PPBS)
Knowledge of Program Objective Memorandum (POM), Future Year Defense Plan (FYDP) Defense Guidance, and Joint Strategic Planning Systems
Knowledge of commonly used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes
Skilled in gathering, assembling, and analyzing factual information, such as in accounting reports, payroll records, work reports, or inventory and supply data
Excellent MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and databases
Familiarity with Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) and Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPRs)
Experience working in DoD or government science and technology organizations
CDFM, CDFM-A, CGFM or other certification
Experience with or practical knowledge of the IS&C portfolio
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.