Job ID: 2302632
Location: FORT BELVOIR, VA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Join a winning team! SAIC's National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) at Fort Belvoir, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS sector has an opening for a Remote Sensing Engineer at Fort Belvoir, VA who will support a cutting edge satellite program through algorithm development, mission data processing and analysis of satellite data.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Apply remote sensing principals and methods to analyzing data and solving geospatial collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination problems
• Support anomaly detection, characterization, and resolution
• Oversee development of new processing techniques
• Appling objective, analytical, and orderly thinking to the analysis of complex signal data
• Assist in archiving the history of sensor performance, product quality, and overall findings
• Analyzing data and generating test reports
• Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, and external stakeholders
• Preparing briefings for senior decision makers
• Identifying key architecture and system level trades
• Strategically communicate user needs to the customer
TS/SCI with Polygraph
Bachelors of Science or Engineering in Remote Sensing, Optical Engineering, Atmospheric Sciences, Geo-Chemistry or Geo-Physics
Experience with exploitation tools (ENVI, GeoReplay, etc)
Experience with systems engineering
5 years experience in the IC
Energetic Team Player
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.